Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

who wants in on the debate

DreadsUK
@dreadsuk
10 years ago
13 posts

i like this approach. This would be entirely possible with G+ and would mean there is less chance of people talking over one another. i see no reason that this couldn't work.

There is a questions wall where people can ask questions where we can pick up from everyone contributing :)

Jayke Watson said:

It would be good if it were only SE and DreadsUK and there was a live message board/chatroom for the people watching that could be seen by both SE and DreadsUK and then we could have a fast and high quality video feed whilst still allowing people to weigh in/ask questions :) Looking forward to it :)

DreadsUK
@dreadsuk
10 years ago
13 posts

its more a share of information. I would hope SE didn't see it as an argument as that would be a shame. Im sure we are both mature enough to get past an argument and just make it a helpful discussion :)

Spencer Mcduffy said:

Its hard to debate preference and what the correct "look" for dreads should be...

Is the debate arguing how maintenance effects the health of dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

that is absolutely not true and its ridiculous the only reason ppl think that is cause people keep saying that ..i am not at all against methods that arent harmful but i am definitely against those that are

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

u should respect thier choices but 1st educate them why those choices are bad choices if your brother decided shooting heroin is a good idea do you respect that choice? how bot your sister or girlfriend or wife decides being a prostitute a good idea do you respect tat choice? or do you try to explain why its a bad idea and only respect the choice once it becomes clear its hopeless to change thier minds

--
Filip Radulovic
@filip-radulovic
10 years ago
17 posts
I agree completely, a lot of people dont know anything about dreads and decide to make them, they think the only way is the crochet method, and then they screw up, weaken their hair, maybe loose a few dreads stc, or they decide to loose the dreads by colmbing them out and find that their hair is severely damaged form excesive crocheting, brethren need to know what they are doing just in case, i see how crochetting if dome really carefuly and not often wouldnt be very harmfull or slowing down much less but it still weakens your dreads, and for what, for a cilindrical eaven shape? Its totaly unneeded, just wet palmroll each one cter showering and they should get pretty eaven
Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

Yes, you do need to educate first, but if they don't take your advice, that's it, you just respect their decision and (if you care for the person) you're there to support them if they need your support in the future. Eshantha is saying that the way in which you speak comes across as judgmental or harsh, which is why a few people get scared away from the site after a little while. Like, imagine if the first comment you see is, "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE USED WAX, WAX IS EVIL." It's going to feel like an attack even if it isn't an attack at all.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

only 1voutr of a thousand take it that way and dont appreciate tyhe advice but those ppl reacte the same way to any advice it cant be helped

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ive kept her alive sunce she was 15 shes got some form of autism shes an amazung mysician but shes obsessive like noone i ever met and is the most difucylt person i ever tried to help but i was the only 1 she responded to at all i helped her sus overrcome serious anorexia too but that was easy as hell by comparison
beetle would drunk gasoline if there was a chance it got her high b4 killing her
her mom actualy sent her to stay with me but then she guzzled ganga oil (that a dropperrfull was extremely strong) and ended up in the er and then mental ward..
im kinda amazed shes still alive with all shes tried to do but i[um glad others are trying to help her now too
shes an amazing person but a total disaster too

Eshantha Perera said:

Yeah of course. Not everyone can be helped. Some people are so set in their ways that nothing you can say can make a difference. For such people, they need to go through life until something gives them a swift kick to the rear, and that's when they realize the path they're walking. Beatle Bug is one such example. I know you've done your very best to get her out of her drinking habit, and I've literally run my bill up Skyping her and trying to convince her to let it go, but she just won't. Some people just need to learn the lessons themselves.

soaring eagle said:

only 1voutr of a thousand take it that way and dont appreciate tyhe advice but those ppl reacte the same way to any advice it cant be helped

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

damn well shes the perfecvt example of what im saying you cant just accept it u gotta keep pushing an d pushing uve had to talk her out of trying dutura jumping off the golden gate bridge u name it

she was at hippie hill awhile back and was real good for hger till she left with a known sex offender just cause he offered to get her high

but really if she could get back there it would be a help

--
Filip Radulovic
@filip-radulovic
10 years ago
17 posts
Who's beatle bug, if it's not rude to ask...
updated by @filip-radulovic: 07/17/15 03:52:02PM

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form