Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do you deal with closed minded parents?

ɥɐɾʞǝqsɐɹ redeyedreadi
@qs-redeyedreadi
14 years ago
29 posts
Oh, I totally overstand this post- especially beings where I am in I life right now.I have a lot of stress at home very similar to the stress you're facing, but thank JAH my father doesn't judge my dreadlocks as much as he did the first two times I did them...See, I'm 22 and unemployed. I DID graduate High School and I do have some college credits under my belt, however I feel as if I should have made better choices...maybe even gone to a real college. The point is, now it's too late for me to regret. I just have to DO something.. but I have no idea what to do...I know I'm probably of no help, so I suppose I am just venting as well.Thanks for letting me do so on your thread. ;)I hope everything gets better for you!! Just keep your head up and stay positive.
updated by @qs-redeyedreadi: 07/18/15 01:16:59PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hang in there you guys,and take advantage of every opportunity that arises in the future,and stay optimistic :)
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
I hope everything gets better for you too. =)You shouldn't stress out about life, just find something you love doing and you feel complete when you do and pursue it. That's what I'm doing. =) I just need a job to get some money so I can get to my college, I have a $500 scholarship thingy I got for getting my GED so, that'll help with a lot. I just need some cash to rent an apartment and buy a bicycle since I dont think I'll be driving my car as much in a city. qs said:
Oh, I totally overstand this post- especially beings where I am in I life right now.
I have a lot of stress at home very similar to the stress you're facing, but thank JAH my father doesn't judge my dreadlocks as much as he did the first two times I did them...
See, I'm 22 and unemployed. I DID graduate High School and I do have some college credits under my belt, however I feel as if I should have made better choices...maybe even gone to a real college. The point is, now it's too late for me to regret. I just have to DO something.. but I have no idea what to do...

I know I'm probably of no help, so I suppose I am just venting as well.
Thanks for letting me do so on your thread. ;)
I hope everything gets better for you!! Just keep your head up and stay positive.
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
thanks a lot. =) I'll try and stay optimistic. Iain said:
Hang in there you guys,
and take advantage of every opportunity that arises in the future,
and stay optimistic :)
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
i know how you feel my mom and step dad are just like your mom except there is two of them which makes it worse
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
1. Be open minded yourself.An individual isn't truly open minded unless they are willing to listen to and consider the point of view coming from other people.
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
I see the points of others and acknowledge my parents beliefs and how it ties in with our social life, like raising a family. Just because I'm having trouble with the way things are being handled doesn't mean I'm being closed minded too. My parents raised me from birth and have stuck together due to their beliefs, regardless of it being a good idea or not, now that leaves me with a distressed mother clinging to her son as the only source of love she can find outside of her God. I understand their situation, I've lived with their situation for 18 years. Seeking solace doesn't mean I'm being closed minded, just looking for answers to advance my life out of the web of things caused by the decision my parents, and myself included. Ameliorating your life isn't, in any form, being closed minded.Thanks for your reply. =) GoldenEagle said:
1. Be open minded yourself.

An individual isn't truly open minded unless they are willing to listen to and consider the point of view coming from other people.
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
Religion, in all forms, is something I respect, as long as it doesn't affect others. I respect my parents for their decision to believe in a "God" and I love them regardless, the only thing wrong with it is the fact that it's effecting me. I don't want to make enemies with my family or anyone. I chose to try and be as friendly with everyone, regardless of their life style. I'm just trying to get my parents to understand why I do the things I do.I dropped out of high school to get training in the field I'm fixing to go to college for.I moved out and lived with my friend's family who own a recording studio and learned to mix and a bit on mastering using the DWA, logic 9. Now, I'm learning to read sheet music in bass and treble clef in order to send my portfolio into college in hopes of getting accepted with recommendations from my chorus teacher of four years, the recording studio studied under, and the institute that taught me to read sheet music. So hopefully, I'll get my life on track. Perculator said:
1. Religion? War anyone?
2.Money is like the most expensive toilet papper and has a lot of ties in Religion (you see God has a problem with cash)
3.Sucsess is egg shaped
4.Yep me too. If I got it right the first time I would fail the second and the third.If I was given more of a chance.
5.Getting one life in check is a mystery to me. Thank goodness your still young enough to make some more mistakes. Get some training if you can find a passion.

Don't make enimies, even with your family
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
I'm sorry. It can be hard. I'm sure we'll both make it through ok, though. =) labmofgod said:
i know how you feel my mom and step dad are just like your mom except there is two of them which makes it worse

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form