Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BEAT THE HEAT!?!

matt krantzberg
@matt-krantzberg
11 years ago
20 posts
I love socal in the winter. snowboarding!! I just need to learn how to surf already so summer won't be horrible.
updated by @matt-krantzberg: 07/23/15 04:41:53PM
Pixiebird
@pixiebird
11 years ago
6 posts

I'm from GA too. If I get hot I put them up. lol Haven't found a better place than on top of my head.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

for me its like a fur coat and im extremely sensative to heat (i dont sweat a drop even in a sweat lodge) i deal with the heat by dumping water over my head alot to cool down my brain b4 i black out

but my disability makes it worse for me (far worse i have a 2 degree confort zone..right around 60-62)

when out running around might shade hop alot speed up through the sun slow down or even stop to cool down in the shade

on extreme days i use a mistymate (blows a cool mist cooling the air around u) or pur a handful of ice in my tam

but..just typing up my dreads or tucking em ina tam is a lifesavr sometimes

u might think a wool tams a bad idea but just getting airflow to your ne\ck and shoulders makes a big diference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

yeah i have noticed that getting it off the neck makes a huge difference. all those loose hairs that get trapped and dread make them pretty dense. its nice in the winter unless theyre wet.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi KnotLady, You can even cut the sleeve off of a large or extra large t shirt to put on your head as a headband. Works wonders for me, it lifts the hair off of the neck without being in a ponytail, keeping the dreads nice and loose still. I get my t-shirts from the Thrift store and pick many different colors, although I have been known to cut my husbands, but don't tell him.

Dang I miss the heat, spring has just sprung here....Peace

Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
11 years ago
59 posts
I'm in GA too! I either put mine up or just wear less clothes to make up for having them down. We are about 1.5 hours from the beach and we go all the time! :)
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

I'm never bragging about San Diego, once I did the weather went away and brought some cloudy raining yuck

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

LUCKY!! im hoping to make it to Tybee this year. i used to go to the beach with my folks every year but havent been able to go in a few years. i bet my dreads would love it!!

Kimberly Eve said:

I'm in GA too! I either put mine up or just wear less clothes to make up for having them down. We are about 1.5 hours from the beach and we go all the time! :)
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

lol. ive always wanted to visit Cali. my cousins live in Orange County and Santa Barbara...they said if i ever went to San Fran i probably wouldnt come back to GA lol

JavaLizard said:

I'm never bragging about San Diego, once I did the weather went away and brought some cloudy raining yuck

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

If you can snowboard, you can surf!! ;)

matt krantzberg said:

I love socal in the winter. snowboarding!! I just need to learn how to surf already so summer won't be horrible.

updated by @dreadbruja: 05/26/15 04:11:31PM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form