Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baby dreads and the beach

Ricky Mercado
@futoricky
12 years ago
15 posts

I got dreads about 4 days ago and tomorrow I was planning on going to the beach. Is it ok to get my dreads wet? I have really straight hair if that matters. I don't want to ruin the locking process.

Thanks in advance!

updated by @futoricky: 01/13/15 09:30:30PM
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Yes, the salt water is good for them. My dreads are babies still at only about 2 1/2 weeks and going to the beach has really helped them.

Have fun!

Ricky Mercado
@futoricky
12 years ago
15 posts

Thanks, and should I wash them afterwards or just rinse the salt water off?

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

I love the beach and go about 5 times a week.... I had the same questions last week. :) I judged it on how my hair felt, some days I left it alone that day and washed with baking soda the next morning, other days I just rinsed it out with water when I got home from the beach.

Ricky Mercado
@futoricky
12 years ago
15 posts

Awesome, thanks!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha the absolute best thing for dreads is a swim in the ocean dreads love ..no need to get wet and salt water especialy will make em dread kike crazy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

The salt water works wonders in regards to dreading however, since your locks are new and you used TnR you should realize that they will loosen up and even come completely undone! I'm only mentioning this because a lot of people don't realize that this will happen and think they did something wrong.
When they do loosen up just ignore them and keep on swimming (there is nothing to be done about it) and eventually, usually in about a months time, they will start to lock up on their own again.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form