Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is this? (White dots in the roots)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Angel, have you lost any length to your hair yet? It happens to all of us. It happens when loose hairs at the bottom of the lock get caught on hairs in the middle or at the top of the lock. The entire dreadlock can flip upside down. Any loose hairs that were in the middle originally, are now at the bottom.

updated by @baba-fats: 07/23/15 05:11:09PM
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

@ Baba Fats: Last month for about a week my hair shrunk two inches and three inches right at the nape of my neck. Fugly assed hairdo, man! But now it's all stretched back out again.

I think that washing and then gently tugging the locks downward helped a lot, especially at the nape of the neck. Those little hairs that were caught(you're right!! I can still see and feel a few of them!) get washed further down the lock and then situate themselves where they need to be. I don't look like a wash-and-line-dried chinchilla anymore.

I think that once you stop being so anal retentive about your hair and all the "stuff" going on with it then it starts behaving. A bizarre hair truth or is it self-fulfilling human psychology? hmmmm...

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

psychology, but your right. My hair look god awful for the first full year. I'm talking I had 6 locks that were 5 or 6 inches and others that were 2 if not not even starting to mature yet. once I stopped worrying that they were so uneve, they just started to explode. I couldn't stop them if I tried. now they're all about the same length and grew super fast. I had one right at where my widows peak would be, if I had one, that was 1.5 inches long 5 years ago. Now t's over a foot long

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

"Not necessarily, I have seen the roots of backcombed hair that extended over a foot from the roots because they move around a lot within the dread. Just the way they loop around everything, Pulled out roots don't necessarily stay near the roots" I understand SE but he is saying it is more noticeable at the roots all the way down his dreads to the about halfway mark. He is saying they are more toward his scalp. Not talking about a foot from his scalp.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Some people shed a little more than others and with backcombing you do have more um... violence... occurring with the lock to make it lock up in the first place. Probably a combination of things.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

i get these all the time. at first i though that my roots were getting clogged with dead scalp skin, since i stopped scrubbing my head everyday, and that this was causing more hair than normal to fall out...which i think it could be, not ruling it out just yet. but yeah everytime i shower i find more. no big deal though, just come with the territory of dreading :)

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form