Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Salt Water & Vegertarian questions

Brocky (:
@brocky
14 years ago
25 posts
Hello to all :)Firstly, after a dip in the wonderful salt water should i rinse my hair?Secondly, i have recently agreed with myself to try vegertarian, what are good ways for iron intake and other essentials for the body?I am currently still eating chicken, just not so much untill my body adjusts, and also eat plenty of seafood where i can, fresh fried or baked with no fatty oils if i can help it.Any recipes i should try? Ideas? Tips? etc :)Thank you :) x
updated by @brocky: 02/15/15 12:08:56AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
You can rinse your hair if you want but I don't think it's necessary. Salt water is very good for the dreads, and actual sea water is a lot less salty then the mixtures people make so you should be fine leaving themI've been veg for 3 years now but I've never payed much attention to nutrients. I think as long as you eat a good variety of fruits and vegetables you'll get all the nutrients you need. I recommend switching to soy milk(even if you're not vegan) because it's much easier on your body and has been supplemented with many of the key nutrients that are lacking in veg diets. Don't rely on grains(pastas, rice, breads) because that is the fastest way to an unhealthy veg dietGood luck on both :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive been veg 28 years and never pay any attention to what i eatveg is the best most natural diet for u as long as u cut the toxic meat out u cant go wrongstop the chicken and fish now u will never regret it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brocky (:
@brocky
14 years ago
25 posts
Thanks Paula :) i am trying to swim everyday so my dreadies should natty up real good :)I eat alot of fruit, still trying to source alot of organics, im new to the area so im slowly finding little fruit and veg markets full of healthy organics. I think i will try that soy milk :) what about teas? i like my green tea and normally buy the organic one and drink it with warm water, is green tea good? and any other teas that i should try?SE, i would like to keep eating fish but maybe not in mass amounts, apart from none, is there any breed of fish that is the closest i can get to the healthiest?Thank you :)
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
So congrats on giving veg a try. :) You won't go back. I do recommend cutting that chicken out of your diet, as well as the fish. Though you could just go pescatarian.When I first went vegan I was worried that I should keep track of what nutrients I was getting to make sure I was getting enough. Then I realized, my body will tell me. If you eat right, then your body gets this special harmony going on.It's a learning process with yourself, but you don't need to be concerned with what nutrients you need to be getting as long as you are sure to eat the main food groups.Also soy milk is amazing! Milk has so many chemicals and hormones in it, does not do a body good!
Brocky (:
@brocky
14 years ago
25 posts
Thank you pixie :)I used to eat a lot of meat untill last sunday and i am feeling the effect of the change but once my body adjusts ill be awesome :)I can also go fish free aswell and see how i go :)I've never really drank milk because of that, but soy milk should be yummy :)Anyone have any really good websites for recipes? i would really like to get some ideas for meals :)xx
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hemp milks better then soy hemp milks ammmmmazzzingwhat u should undderstand is your body is naturaly vegatarian when u adjust your relt detoxingshortly after i went veg i did 2 fasts 10 and 12 days ..just wanted to flush all the toxic crap outwhen u feel yourself adjusting your just adjusting to how u should feel

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
babylon
@babylon
14 years ago
27 posts
I hate it when people say there veg but still eat fish and chicken (like it's no meat, or they are no "real" animals) My grandma hate me being veg and she reacts all the time like: " but it's just chicken". I must confes I eat fish with my son twic a jear...... i think people should listen to there body's more, mostly the say what they need to be in good shape. Like when I was pregnant it showed me the only thing i could eat without feeling sick :P
Brocky (:
@brocky
14 years ago
25 posts
Thank you Roxanne! :)Also thanks SE, i shall keep a look out for hemp milk :)
Jamie Thompson
@jamie-thompson
14 years ago
36 posts
I am in the same boat as you buddy. Trying to cut out all meats. I eat poultry tho just because I'm so used to eating it. No red meats tho for half a yearAlmond milk is also really tasty. Never heard of hemp milk tho.SE were do you get that?

Brocky (: said:
Thank you Roxanne! :)Also thanks SE, i shall keep a look out for hemp milk :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form