Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crocheting

cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
noooo way. i knew about the wax thing. just not with the crocheting. soaringeagle said:
loose hairs are part of dreading they get better with time ..just time
u got to accept messiness to get to dreadiness..
yea theres vids telling u to do all sorts of dread destruction

thats why we are the number 1 site now we are 1 of only 3 truthful sites and the best source of real info
theres thousands and thousands with destructive tips like wax crochet felting u name it..u didn't use wax i hope?

cassie gabriel said:
for real? cause ive looked up videos and everything. i just dont want my head turning into a huge friz ball and having loose hairs all overr the place.

soaringeagle said:
dont crochet dreads ever!! every hair u pull in u break 5 more it makes low maintenance dreads very high maintenance forever
it makes them very weak and damaged
stop it throw away the hook let them dread naturaly and be healthy not torn to shreds by poking holes in them
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
so urs got liuke that from the crocheting? Westcoaster said:
Okay so worst case scenario is that I will have overly frizzy, puffy dreads for a while then? That's okay by me. I just want natural, awesome dreads that aren't breaking and following off! What about section threads? I have heard many, many people say they would never have good dreads without them. I have them in and frankly they look weird. I was thinking of just cutting them out after the first few weeks.

Lisa McRae said:

This is as bad as mine ever got. Really poofy and really really loose, but never came undone completely no real loose hair. Always in dread form. At this point I haven't crocheted after my initial crocheting.

updated by @cassie-gabriel: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
with crochet every hair u pull in breaks 5 more that pop out needing crochet to pull in breaking more..so they get extra frizzy during recoveryif u crochetted excessively im sure they will become weak enough to breakyea ofcourse dreads dread on theyre ownbefore dread companies existed all dreads were naturalall dreads formed by just not combingthen they came along and made it seem complicated to sell u products and scam you into thinking only salons can give u dreadsmy dreads i did nothing..they just formed from playing in the woods a few weeks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
Good to hear. I'll have to get my hands on a thread ripper and take them out. They look very fake (go figure, eh). Thanks! :-) Lisa McRae said:
I never bothered with it. Just take 'em out :)
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
okayy so stop with the crocheting then? lol Lisa McRae said:
Yep, about 2 months in they looked like that. They were super tight when they were started too.
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
ok so ive only had mine in for 4 days, am i screwd or is there still time for them to recover? soaringeagle said:
with crochet every hair u pull in breaks 5 more that pop out needing crochet to pull in breaking more..so they get extra frizzy during recovery
if u crochetted excessively im sure they will become weak enough to break

yea ofcourse dreads dread on theyre own
before dread companies existed all dreads were natural
all dreads formed by just not combing
then they came along and made it seem complicated to sell u products and scam you into thinking only salons can give u dreads
my dreads i did nothing..they just formed from playing in the woods a few weeks

updated by @cassie-gabriel: 07/10/15 02:05:06AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they will recoverall dreads need is time..forget u even have hair awhile (except to seperate)you'll see em get more natural over time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
ok thankss(: Lisa McRae said:
Yep stop everything except separating. even palm rolling is almost useless.
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
okaay thanks man soaringeagle said:
they will recover
all dreads need is time..
forget u even have hair awhile (except to seperate)
you'll see em get more natural over time
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
yes just leave them alone, I don't crochet or anything just wash them and let them grow and have their own personality. then theyre not just straight boring hair...thats what straight boring hair is for haha. dreads can look awesome and have loose hairs everywhere and be messy. just check out the pictures on the site and see for yourself. i have this dread in the front that was all loopy and flat to start out so i put beads on it for a day to squish em down. now that dread is so boring and i liked it better before lol. i cant imagine doing that to all of them. when i started i thought i wanted dreads like that but i grew along with them and realized i was wrong. heres a thread i made along those lines http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/i-thought-i-wanted-perfect#axzz0qtOApOY1

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form