Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

save my dreads from dread wax!

ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Isn't palm rolling when you take the hair between your hands and roll it together causing excessive friction? Eh I don't really care for it. It only make the hair more frizzy. I'm nt expert, but that much rubbing seems to be damaging to the hair and a bit stripping. I'm sure I did a bit of messing up. But, just seperating *if you wish* and just letting the hair flow on it's own does seem to be best. It's just tangled hair. Lol. Before locks it tangled. That's why we brushed it. ;)
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
wow, that was a huge improvementI know how you feel tho, mine were like that.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha yeathats the funny thing all your life all u did was work to prevent dreadsso just stopping all that the odvios result would be dreads, however ppl are addicted to doing stuff to gain stuff so feel they must work extra hard to get dreads.. when in reality the best way to get dreads is not touch the hair at all and just let em happen ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
Isn't palm rolling when you take the hair between your hands and roll it together causing excessive friction? Eh I don't really care for it. It only make the hair more frizzy. I'm nt expert, but that much rubbing seems to be damaging to the hair and a bit stripping. I'm sure I did a bit of messing up. But, just seperating *if you wish* and just letting the hair flow on it's own does seem to be best. It's just tangled hair. Lol. Before locks it tangled. That's why we brushed it. ;)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
$50 an hour I think. Someone can correct me if that is wrong :-/I don't feel too badly about it but like I said, I had no idea how to get them going and I had no clue this site even existed. Strangely enough, I found it because it was posted on the Knotty Boy Facebook page. I'm super excited to get to talk with people that live locked rather than having a scheduled formula (ex. first backcomb, then twist, then crochet, then palm roll, repeat. etc).My hair was a big, frizzy, frenzy so the frizz is down...for now, lol. This is my hair pre-dreads... soaringeagle said:
how much did kb charge u?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
heres the best kept secret in dreadingyour hairs amazing for natural dreading all u would have had to do was..throw away your comb..the endyup 50 dollars an hour how many hours? 8? or more? 400 bucks or so? and all u had to do was throw away your comb fo9r better results..was it really o knottyboys facebook? hahas that makes me happyyour hair would have dreaded fast naturaly with zzero effort zero damage...zero cost zero pain Westcoaster said:
$50 an hour I think. Someone can correct me if that is wrong :-/

I don't feel too badly about it but like I said, I had no idea how to get them going and I had no clue this site even existed. Strangely enough, I found it because it was posted on the Knotty Boy Facebook page. I'm super excited to get to talk with people that live locked rather than having a scheduled formula (ex. first backcomb, then twist, then crochet, then palm roll, repeat. etc).

My hair was a big, frizzy, frenzy so the frizz is down...for now, lol. This is my hair pre-dreads...

soaringeagle said:

--
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
Oh like you wouldn't have believed! My hair even formed natural sections and if I didn't condition it it would start to knot up and look like dreads. Guess how dumb I feel? lol Well, maybe not dumb, but ill informed. Especially after 7 agonizing hours!! lolWell, past is the past and I plan on having some crazy dreads :-D soaringeagle said:
heres the best kept secret in dreading
your hairs amazing for natural dreading all u would have had to do was..throw away your comb..the end
yup 50 dollars an hour how many hours? 8? or more? 400 bucks or so? and all u had to do was throw away your comb fo9r better results..

was it really o knottyboys facebook? hahas that makes me happy

your hair would have dreaded fast naturaly with zzero effort zero damage...zero cost zero pain

Westcoaster said:
$50 an hour I think. Someone can correct me if that is wrong :-/

I don't feel too badly about it but like I said, I had no idea how to get them going and I had no clue this site even existed. Strangely enough, I found it because it was posted on the Knotty Boy Facebook page. I'm super excited to get to talk with people that live locked rather than having a scheduled formula (ex. first backcomb, then twist, then crochet, then palm roll, repeat. etc).

My hair was a big, frizzy, frenzy so the frizz is down...for now, lol. This is my hair pre-dreads...

soaringeagle said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
knottyboy and dreadheadhq claim so many victims its ridiculous most just go for the dreaded dread kits and waste just 70 but then buy into all the other crap so waste another 100-200 on waxes gels sprays creams teas tools etc etc etci mean come on they have 15 or more different products all to help u dread..and u already were dreading every time u washed your hair and didnt use 1 product..fans of those sites get bent out of shape when u call them a scam..but how can u not call a scam a scam?

--
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
True enough. Call it like it is ;-D soaringeagle said:
knottyboy and dreadheadhq claim so many victims its ridiculous most just go for the dreaded dread kits and waste just 70 but then buy into all the other crap so waste another 100-200 on waxes gels sprays creams teas tools etc etc etc
i mean come on they have 15 or more different products all to help u dread..and u already were dreading every time u washed your hair and didnt use 1 product..
fans of those sites get bent out of shape when u call them a scam..but how can u not call a scam a scam?
ashley ford
@ashley-ford
14 years ago
1 posts
i like this site alot...but it seems there's so much putting down of dreadhead and knottyboy, it's getting alittle annoying...sorry if i offend someone, but wow. i started my dreads with a dreadhead kit nearly 4 years ago. that kit lasted me 3 years and i still never used all the wax. really just spent $30 so i could get the good wooden handled comb i wanted, and the residue free shampoo. i used very little wax because over and over again they warn you of the dangers of too much wax and waxing wet dreads. i've seen lots of people who have done this, loaded their dreads with wax and they're sticky messes that often lead to mold. i never had this problem. the wax really helped my new dreads hold together. i stopped once my dreads were staying together well and did some deep cleaning for about a month. i know you don't need it, but i'm still glad i used it. and i know i've gotten out all the wax now, my dreads dry so quickly, and are soft and light. i'm not recommending it to anyone else, but if used the way it's meant to be, it's not the dread destroying stuff this site seems to make it out to be.
updated by @ashley-ford: 07/09/15 09:55:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes..it isjust face facts less then 5% survive wax use 95% get cutor started overi call that dread death

--

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form