Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

save my dreads from dread wax!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its amazing how much better u look after being here only 1 day...another successful save from the horrors of dread wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
A guy on YouTube id seen said he used wax and he got it out with boiled water. No he didn't pour it over his head. Lol. He held out the locks and poured the hot water over it. He thin picked the wax out. You should probably get someone to help you.
Katie Griffin
@katie-griffin
14 years ago
6 posts
Haha yeah it's pretty great! Sooo glad I came here.Lol I didn't pour the water over my head, obviously. My mom was pouring the water over a few dreads over the sink, we held them out and stuff but she kept burning me anyways. Lol, just was not working out at all. I think the dishsoap is working pretty good..
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
I'm totally new to dreads but I got them done at Knotty Boy so I can explain to you the process that I went through when dreading my hair. Firstly, the sections were tied tightly at the scalp with string. They were then back-combed and "crocheted" together. I finished them with palm rolling every dread. The Knotty Boy stylist's advice to me was to palm roll them at least twice a week and to only use the wax when it seemed like my dreads could use a little extra help but it was completely optional. She also said not to wash them for about two weeks after getting them in. I palm roll everyday and have not used the wax and they seem to be starting off on the right foot so I think her advice was right on for my hair type. Here's a pic of my dreads the day they were done...Stay knotty, they're looking great!
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
LOL yea! I'd seen people hen they'd heaar about it they'd say stuff like "pour it over mybhead?!". LOL uhm no dear xD
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
going to knottyboy was a huge mistake crocheting is a huge mistakethank god u found us those guys are a scamhow much did threy charge u to screw up your dreads?(dont worry i dont mean destroy your here now they'll survive despite the mistakes u made trusting them)thank god u never waxedbut the crochets destructive too Westcoaster said:
I'm totally new to dreads but I got them done at Knotty Boy so I can explain to you the process that I went through when dreading my hair. Firstly, the sections were tied tightly at the scalp with string. They were then back-combed and "crocheted" together. I finished them with palm rolling every dread. The Knotty Boy stylist's advice to me was to palm roll them at least twice a week and to only use the wax when it seemed like my dreads could use a little extra help but it was completely optional. She also said not to wash them for about two weeks after getting them in. I palm roll everyday and have not used the wax and they seem to be starting off on the right foot so I think her advice was right on for my hair type. Here's a pic of my dreads the day they were done...

Stay knotty, they're looking great!

--
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
damn i'm glad i didn't go to knotty boy
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
Similar to Katie I didn't look too far into dreading before just going and doing it. I have wanted dreads for YEARS so the second my hair was long enough I ran over there and got them done. The thing that appealed to me about them was the "no products" thing plus I wanted them sectioned right the first time because of how long it had taken me to get here to begin with. I don't know a single person with dreads so the helping hand was appreciated. Sooooo, hopefully they don't look destroyed ;-)Typically I'm a pretty hardcore purist so nothing is really going to touch my dreads with the exception of cleaning my scalp.Now, this is coming from only four wonderful days of dreads but palm rolling has got to be the most relaxing thing ever! It's like a scalp massage that leaves your dreads looking good, lol. I'll look back through the thread in case you have already answered this, but what kind of maintenance do you do to your dreads? How frequently? soaringeagle said:
going to knottyboy was a huge mistake crocheting is a huge mistake
thank god u found us those guys are a scam
how much did threy charge u to screw up your dreads?
(dont worry i dont mean destroy your here now they'll survive despite the mistakes u made trusting them)

thank god u never waxed
but the crochets destructive too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
palm rolling does nothingi never palm rolled once evermine are all natural meanning i did nothing but let them form on theyre ownmaintenance seperate to prevent congos but havent even done that hardly ever in 2 yearslike i said if u let them naturalize they will recover they are for sure damaged by the way they did em, (palm rolling will add to damage slightly too)but the worse that will happen is short term (few months) of becomming extra frizzy due to all the broken hairsif u never repair em with more crochet they il fix themselves over time (with slight weakness that might not be significant)from here on out the less do the better..wash as often as u want weekly at leastand forget everything they told u Westcoaster said:
Similar to Katie I didn't look too far into dreading before just going and doing it. I have wanted dreads for YEARS so the second my hair was long enough I ran over there and got them done. The thing that appealed to me about them was the "no products" thing plus I wanted them sectioned right the first time because of how long it had taken me to get here to begin with. I don't know a single person with dreads so the helping hand was appreciated. Sooooo, hopefully they don't look destroyed ;-)

Typically I'm a pretty hardcore purist so nothing is really going to touch my dreads with the exception of cleaning my scalp.

Now, this is coming from only four wonderful days of dreads but palm rolling has got to be the most relaxing thing ever! It's like a scalp massage that leaves your dreads looking good, lol. I'll look back through the thread in case you have already answered this, but what kind of maintenance do you do to your dreads? How frequently?

soaringeagle said:
going to knottyboy was a huge mistake crocheting is a huge mistake
thank god u found us those guys are a scam
how much did threy charge u to screw up your dreads?
(dont worry i dont mean destroy your here now they'll survive despite the mistakes u made trusting them)

thank god u never waxed
but the crochets destructive too

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 05:04:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how much did kb charge u?

--