Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreads

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Basically I got my dreads done yesterday, and like an inch of the tip of my hair isnt dreaded.I was wondering what can i do to dread it myself, because I dont have the money to go get it sorted..... or shall i just give it a while and will it naturally start to get better?ive attached some pictures so u can see and judge for youself.thanks for the help :D
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 01/13/15 08:36:27PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
1. Dreads don't cost money, that's stupid.2. Who cares if an inch of your hair isn't dreaded?3. You say that you "got" dreads? That probably means that none of your hair is dreaded yet.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what u went to a salon? thats a huge mistake!ok forget the 1 inch undreaded lets fix the mess they madetell us exactly what they did to you what they used as far as products tools methiodswe need to save your dreads from what they didnow tips its better to have an inch undreads d or they take way way longer to dry 2e dreads 1 with loose tip 1 blunt the loose tip dries in 6 hours blunt in 38it makes that much difference so leave the tips alone and lets just undo the damage u paid someone to doindenticly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh crap i just looked at the pics what did they do to you?dread perm? lots of wax?dude call them back demand a full refund comb those out and start overrightwowsalons are a scam and a disasteri hope to god its not a dread perm or u are permenantly screwed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
that's what mine were like, they'll usually be like that for awhile, it's nothing to worry about,really good for letting water flow right out,I let all of mine just be like that and they take care of themselves after awhile,only other option would be tip rubbing (reallly iffy on that one personally)or crochet the tip (blunting) where you just take the tip pointing downward and insert the hook from above to pull the hair inward toward the body of the lock. depending on how the lock is, it may just come undone
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Thanks for the help guys.she only used a a comb a crochet hook and thats it i think no wax or perm. it wasnt at a salon, this girl was doing it by going to peopels houses or at her own house.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Seriously, read the following thread several times. Especially since you had someone start your dreadlocks. First few weeks of Dreading Besides pulling them away from each other and keeping them clean, just leave your dreadlocks alone and let your hair do what it needs to do.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
ye thanks man, I'm gunna let nature take its course....
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form