Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

HashFlare
Dreadlocks Site is now 100% powered by Bitcoin
Dreadlocks Forums

Quickest way to take out dreads without cutting?

Antony
@antony
8 years ago
80 posts
Can someone tell me the fastest, most efficient way to do it?And would it be easier for me because I have straight hair?
updated by @antony: 11/30/17 07:15:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
28,179 posts
oh no why ya taking em outtheres no quick way its a slow processsoak dreads in conditioner or olive oil comb out slowly from tip towards root only combing last 1/8 incjh of knotted hait at a time..slow and carefulkeep adding more oil/conditioner to keep it slipery as can be

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Antony
@antony
8 years ago
80 posts
Thanks. I know I'll have the patience to take it out.I'm taking them out because I realize that now is not the right time to try dreads. It's complicated. Maybe later in life, I'll have dreads again.EDIT: I just tried pulling a really small hole in a section of a dread that can't really be seen. This is actually going to be easier than I thought.
Iain
@iain
8 years ago
844 posts
man who's gonna be asian AND have dreadlocks now!! :P
Lisa McRae
@mwahahahaha
8 years ago
376 posts
Let us know how it went (time it took, what you used, pain involved etc etc) for others' future reference please. I'm sure there are others who don't want to keep their dreads that want to hear examples and advice :)-Thanks
Seven
@seven
8 years ago
26 posts
uhh what i did to get my last set out was i took lotion(all i had) and a plastic comb(again, all i had) and started at the bottom getting them undone as i went up. it was hard and annoying and it took me a couple days(working a few hours a day) but you can do it :)why must you lose them?
Antony
@antony
8 years ago
80 posts
You know what, never mind. There is no way I'm taking out my dreads unless they get ridiculously long.@Iain, you don't have to worry anymore, lol
Iain
@iain
8 years ago
844 posts
:DWoot!that's funny cuz I was just thinkin about this yesterdayim glad u kept em thus far because i went thru a couple times like that to.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
28,179 posts
define rediculously long? im hoping mine get twice as long at least thats why i started congoing so when the hair thats at my chin now reaches the ground it'll be stronger

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Antony
@antony
8 years ago
80 posts
This may seem short to you, but around down to the hip.soaringeagle said:
define rediculously long? im hoping mine get twice as long at least thats why i started congoing so when the hair thats at my chin now reaches the ground it'll be stronger
 / 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form