Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Required Length For Beardlocks

AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

As far as jobs and career choices we all know it's always gonna be hard for us out there. Yea there are laws etc. but in reality you're always going to be judged and even turned down for some jobs. Of course they won't tell u the reason. We chose that lifestyle and we have to bear the consequnces of this still extremely primitive society almost in the year 2017. I'd even say in a lot of aspects it's more primitive now than it was in certain times of the past.

In America there's probably a bit easier cause a larger % of pupulation, it's way more racially diverse etc. Where I live literally nobody have dreads and they sometimes look at me as a circus animal (even tho only 3 months in the proccess yet). I have to tie my hair for at least 4 hours at work, but luckily I untie it again when I'm alone (I do this type of work I'm alone for let's say 4 hours and other 4 I'm not). People are bothered cause of my looks, they mock me that I look like Jesus or some silly stuff like this would be a bad thing. I don't care it's just not easy to manuever through it on a daily basis. Of course some other people also love it, but those are pretty rare.

As far as job goes I'd advise u to try and keep your beard a little trimmed and not go all out with it. Also don't do piercings and tattoos/big holes in ears etc. I don't judge anyone based on their appearence but majority of people will. I'd say if u have dreads and u do tie them sometimes and a beard that's not extremely long then u have better options. But if u go all out with beard plus piercings/tattoos then this could eventually become o problem on a job market.

Yea I know this is extremely wrong and sad in my opinion. It's a fact that society wants everyone to act and look like robots, just look at the politicians for example. All looking (and acting) like clones.

updated by @alienemotion: 11/05/16 01:56:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

trim my beard only by it catching fire, now that i don't smoke anything that often that will catch it on fire its about once a year instead of every few months

under my beard itches at times  (like today from change in weather) that's usually the 1st sign if it being time for a wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

trim my beard only by it catching fire

heheh nice one love this :D

AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

Perhaps a little of topic, but what about nails? I have the same philosophy I only cut them when they really start bothering me, perhaps that could sound strange to some but I love to have long nails also if possible. I mean I'm not mentally attached to them it's the same as with facial hair. I trim all those things when they get really long and don't bother with it too much. It oddly seems that all hair, nails etc. are a part of me and I feel stronger/more confident if they're not missing hehe.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I have two small piercings (regular sized hole in one ear, and a rook pirencing, I plan to get maybe two more piercings eventuall, but at this point, I probably won't  gauge my ears, maybe ever) and two tattoos, but place in spots that are covered up by short sleeved shirts, or even by a t-shirt. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I prefer to keep my nails longer like you said alienemotion, I too only trim them when they get in the way...I've always felt better with them then without.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i never cut my nails either i let them row till they break ..toe nails i cut if they get crazy or bother me but fingernails i never cur till they break

been that way since i was a kid.. could never function with short nails, couldn't button a shirt, or pick up a coin ir anything without nails.

funny thing is most are relatively short now except left thumb nail that's like 1/2 inch or so

that's typically when they break nit much longer then that

think a pinky got to 3/4 once but that's it

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i never cut my nails either i let them row till they break ..toe nails i cut if they get crazy or bother me but fingernails i never cur till they break

been that way since i was a kid.. could never function with short nails, couldn't button a shirt, or pick up a coin ir anything without nails.

funny thing is most are relatively short now except left thumb nail that's like 1/2 inch or so

that's typically when they break nit much longer then that

think a pinky got to 3/4 once but that's it

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

AlienEmotion:

As far as jobs and career choices we all know it's always gonna be hard for us out there. Yea there are laws etc. but in reality you're always going to be judged and even turned down for some jobs. Of course they won't tell u the reason. We chose that lifestyle and we have to bear the consequnces of this still extremely primitive society almost in the year 2017. I'd even say in a lot of aspects it's more primitive now than it was in certain times of the past.

In America there's probably a bit easier cause a larger % of pupulation, it's way more racially diverse etc. Where I live literally nobody have dreads and they sometimes look at me as a circus animal (even tho only 3 months in the proccess yet). I have to tie my hair for at least 4 hours at work, but luckily I untie it again when I'm alone (I do this type of work I'm alone for let's say 4 hours and other 4 I'm not). People are bothered cause of my looks, they mock me that I look like Jesus or some silly stuff like this would be a bad thing. I don't care it's just not easy to manuever through it on a daily basis. Of course some other people also love it, but those are pretty rare.

As far as job goes I'd advise u to try and keep your beard a little trimmed and not go all out with it. Also don't do piercings and tattoos/big holes in ears etc. I don't judge anyone based on their appearence but majority of people will. I'd say if u have dreads and u do tie them sometimes and a beard that's not extremely long then u have better options. But if u go all out with beard plus piercings/tattoos then this could eventually become o problem on a job market.

Yea I know this is extremely wrong and sad in my opinion. It's a fact that society wants everyone to act and look like robots, just look at the politicians for example. All looking (and acting) like clones.

i never had any problems getting any job i wanted ..ever though most jobs i loved were volunteer positions

most people i know with tats, peircings huge holes etc get the job they love

hell i know preists covered head to tie in tatooes and peircings (yes facial tattoos covering 75% of his face) i know women that work topless in male dominated fields like roofing

i know people with dreads working in every imaginable position from doctors and lawyers to theoretical physicists astrophysicists etc at cern and nasa (i think 3 site members work at nasa)

if your worried about your looks interfering in your job..you'll get a job, but likely 1 you will hate

if you don't worry about your looks interfering in your job your guaranteed a job you love

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Thanks for the words of encouragement SE....now I'm wishing more and more I had just let my sides grow instead of trimming them off for the interview (and in some small way conforming to society). 

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form