Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White stuff that isn't mold?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if the bs mix has a color its too strong well it at mi=ost should have the skightest milkiness ..very slightly hazy but mostly clear

and def use the acv after every time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/27/15 07:14:31PM
Yonatan Hurwitz
@yonatan-hurwitz
12 years ago
18 posts

Gotcha. Many thanks to you both!

Yonatan Hurwitz
@yonatan-hurwitz
12 years ago
18 posts
Follow up:I may be able to stop new white tips from forming, but what do I do about those that currently exist? Assuming that the whiteness is the result of too much baking soda (a fair assumption), how do I rid myself of it? What could break it up or otherwise unsolidify it so that it may be rinsed out? any thoughts?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda when you add water biodegrades into gassses and evaporates it realy cant be baking soda unless u made a thick paste and plastered it on and let it drt[-y

youd literaky have to use more baking soda then water

ive seen a guy on youtube do thwat he made a psste and caked it in his roots

if its baking soda just wea=tting it would remove it

if its fuzz tea sprayed on it will darken it and hide it

if its mold or anything soak in 3/4 white vinager 1/4 water 50 drops lavender oil

if it was baking soda and u added vinager youid see it erupt into foam

if it doesnt cause a violent chemical reaction when in contact with vinager its not baking soda

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Yonatan Hurwitz
@yonatan-hurwitz
12 years ago
18 posts
Well, it was never a paste, so I suppose it isnt bs after all. i assumed it was, due to the color.what kind of tea spray? regular tea?If the tea doesnt take care of it, i'll try the mold remover.thanks so very much. i appreciate your help a great deal. and if you can think of anything else that might work, please let me know.
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts

I've actually got this too, mine is just black (as is my pillowcase...)But in some places it more like small dots in the dread i'm also pretty sure its not mold because i don't think they smell bad.

I've stopped using a towel since i've noticed this.

I usually use a Shampoo bar from dreadlocksshampoo but i've done BS in the past and doing it once in a while.

If something is working for you Yonatan please give me a reply or something, them i would be pleased.

Also i took a pic with my phone, not sure if you can see anything but in one of them there is like some dots on the tips and the second there is like a blackish greenish spot which i got in a couple of other dreads too, also they discoloured parts are harder than the dreads, im thinking it could be some old wax which then got onto some flint or something, but i think i've had it for a while..

Also my dreads aint that long so har to photograph em...

Yonatan Hurwitz
@yonatan-hurwitz
12 years ago
18 posts
Since the original post, I have changed my routine.a. using the right amount of bs now.b. instead of merely spraying or squriting acv on my head, I have been dunking my hair and scalp into a large bowl. acv/water ratios have stayed the same, but the quantity is much greater. the white stuff (leftover bs, it seems) is gone, and my dreads are a LOT cleaner and healthier. so, bottom line, it seems it was a question of the quantities and ratios of both mixtures.
Yonatan Hurwitz
@yonatan-hurwitz
12 years ago
18 posts
Again, many thanks to those involved!
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Wonderful. That's great to hear. I've always thought about dunking my head in a bowl of the stuff. Haven't done it yet. It works well for you?

Yonatan Hurwitz
@yonatan-hurwitz
12 years ago
18 posts
Done it three or four times. so far, no visible negative effects. works well.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form