Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White stuff that isn't mold?

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Lazdaa...Have you tried picking some of this black/green stuff out of your dreads with tweezers? I would try that to find out what it is. Just a thought.

Lazdaa said:

I've actually got this too, mine is just black (as is my pillowcase...)But in some places it more like small dots in the dread i'm also pretty sure its not mold because i don't think they smell bad.

I've stopped using a towel since i've noticed this.

I usually use a Shampoo bar from dreadlocksshampoo but i've done BS in the past and doing it once in a while.

If something is working for you Yonatan please give me a reply or something, them i would be pleased.

Also i took a pic with my phone, not sure if you can see anything but in one of them there is like some dots on the tips and the second there is like a blackish greenish spot which i got in a couple of other dreads too, also they discoloured parts are harder than the dreads, im thinking it could be some old wax which then got onto some flint or something, but i think i've had it for a while..

Also my dreads aint that long so har to photograph em...

updated by @mons: 07/10/15 09:42:54PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

I do this! I don't wash my hair in the shower since I've starting letting the bs sit for 20-30 minutes so I'm leaning into the tub and pouring the rinses over my head several times. With both the bs and the acv I dunk the top of my head into the container to make sure they're getting soaked. It feels pretty good!

Baba Fats said:

Wonderful. That's great to hear. I've always thought about dunking my head in a bowl of the stuff. Haven't done it yet. It works well for you?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

ditto:)

Mons said:

I do this! I don't wash my hair in the shower since I've starting letting the bs sit for 20-30 minutes so I'm leaning into the tub and pouring the rinses over my head several times. With both the bs and the acv I dunk the top of my head into the container to make sure they're getting soaked. It feels pretty good!

Baba Fats said:

Wonderful. That's great to hear. I've always thought about dunking my head in a bowl of the stuff. Haven't done it yet. It works well for you?

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form