Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

smelly sca

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

What's your diet like? You say you like cheese... any other bad stuff like processed food or anything?

I ask because I personally eat a really clean diet (mostly raw, tons of greens, almost all vegetables and a small portion of organic meat per week) and I don't smell. I'm not dreaded yet *here to learn so I can get started* but as of now I never wash my hair. I'll actually be washing it way more in the dreading process than I ever did. I literally wash it maybe once a month or every two months and it's shiny, normal looking, has zero oil, I get complimented on it all the time and it's funny--people have no clue I never wash. I also never wear deoderant and I smell yummy, like fruit and plants.

I'm not saying it's that, but I'm pretty sure this is a huge factor in how people smell. My boyfriend is a muscular dude who works out a lot and gets real sweaty and since he's been on a clean diet he has had zero BO. Hasn't worn deoderant in years now.

updated by @circle-dancer: 07/03/15 06:10:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i agree 100% a vegatarialn or vegan diet will almost eliminate body odors that are caused by toxins being eliminated friom meats and processed foods

in fact even your feces will smell less if you go as far as raw vegan it will be oderless

sweat and other body oders can be eliminated by changing yiour diert to a pureer one cutting out meat is the 1st biggest step

i havent used deoderants in decades and never have any prioblenms..in fact i probly only used em up till i was like 15 and went veg at 16

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Knottural LP
@knottural-lp
12 years ago
9 posts

I do have trouble with my diet. I've been wanting to go veg or atleast cut out processed foods for a long time but i keep getting sucked back in. My wife has been watching all of those food inc etc documentaries but it's so hard for me to stop. (especially because my work feeds us crap all of the time!) What kind of staples should i have in my diet. Should i cut dairy out all together? **the dreadlockshampoo site hasnt been working for me all day and i want to make sure i find a shampoo stat** THank you all again!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

First things first. No high fructose corn syrup. And no Modified starch. Anything that says modified starch is poison to the body (literaly). HFCS is still inconclusive as to what exactly it does to the body. But if you don't know what it does, I wouldn't eat it. As far as we can tell, it does absolutely nothing.

I haven't seen a reason to give up dairy, unless you get sick from it, or in your case, it creates odorous secretions.

But that's because cheese is addictive. It breaks down into opiates inside the body. People really are addicted to cheese.

Bring your own food if all your work feeds you is crap. It's a little more of a hassle, but your body is important isn't it?

Knottural LP
@knottural-lp
12 years ago
9 posts

YES it is important :) I guess my new years resolution is to be nicer to my body and start buckling down and eating right.

Baba Fats said:

First things first. No high fructose corn syrup. And no Modified starch. Anything that says modified starch is poison to the body (literaly). HFCS is still inconclusive as to what exactly it does to the body. But if you don't know what it does, I wouldn't eat it. As far as we can tell, it does absolutely nothing.

I haven't seen a reason to give up dairy, unless you get sick from it, or in your case, it creates odorous secretions.

But that's because cheese is addictive. It breaks down into opiates inside the body. People really are addicted to cheese.

Bring your own food if all your work feeds you is crap. It's a little more of a hassle, but your body is important isn't it?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the site does work try a diferent browser

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u say you use ie at work android at home ..which is the site not worjking in it works perfectly in firefocx

as i said b4 i cant fix it till i know which its not working in

cause its perfectly fine for me

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's interesting when you start looking at the back of the ingredients list. There're a lot a things you don't know what the name means, but that are good for you, like tochopherals (vitamin E). The there are things that you should 100% stay away from. HFCS, and modified anything. I'd stay away from most things that say they are used as a preservative. If you can, write it down and look it up at home. If you still have any questions (some wiki answers will only give you the chemical formula and maybe a brief explanation on how it's used in food) ask. I'll try to clear it up as much as I can.

Knottural LP
@knottural-lp
12 years ago
9 posts

br/> Baba Fats said:

It's interesting when you start looking at the back of the ingredients list. There're a lot a things you don't know what the name means, but that are good for you, like tochopherals (vitamin E). The there are things that you should 100% stay away from. HFCS, and modified anything. I'd stay away from most things that say they are used as a preservative. If you can, write it down and look it up at home. If you still have any questions (some wiki answers will only give you the chemical formula and maybe a brief explanation on how it's used in food) ask. I'll try to clear it up as much as I can.

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Vitamin E in processed food isn't always good for you. A lot of that stuff isn't in its natural form and is bad for the body, or its made from crap sources like wheat or soy. Try and stay away from processed foods all together if you can. Want to smell good? Think green. Green, green, green. Multiple meals, multiple times per day. Collards, kale, swiss chard, spinach, romaine... etc etc

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form