Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baking soda wash not working?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how much flakes are there i think u are on the right track it worked but your flakimg up again rather fast so i think 4 tablespoons more not less opils and keep doing it for a mionth u see herbs do not cure the dandruff in 1 shit they help but it gets better slowly after a dozen or so it will be like 4 days b4 u see a flake..probably but dreads wont ever be totakly flake free u will probly have some no matter what.. but u just wanna keep it low as u can go..

if your flaking withing the same day thats not normal but i think trying for a couple weeks may help

also 3 times more rosemary then teatree

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/16/15 09:03:17AM
Zack4
@zack4
13 years ago
38 posts
O ok wat are your views of using tht tea tree tingle, do u think the whole residue thing is for waxed dreads?
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
unfortunately our water is the worst here in so cal. we have calcium build up, rust, and chlorine. i wouldn't doubt that all that crap can definitely build up in our hair. i also think that that is why the bs wash doesn't work. i'm looking into getting a water softener for my shower head. one thing you might try is a salt water rinse after you wash with bs. i figure you add salt to a whole house water softeners so maybe it would help with residue from the water left behind. for now i'm sticking to shampoo and washing less.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts
I've also used the Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and LOVE it. I live out in El Cajon, and have to drive up to La Mesa to get it, and so I don't get it that often, but it's still fantastic. Try pairing that with a little bit of mixed in baking soda (all diluted in a cup or two of water), no oils, and after you rinse it out with water, rinse again just with acv, then once again with water. See if that helps any! Even if the TTT shampoo doesn't help much, it's still fantastic smelling and feeling on your scalp!

Heather said:
ive used the tea tree tingle shampoo in the past. i wouldn't worry to much about residue unless you have wax in your hair. just stick to clear shampoos that aren't conditioning and don't have a bunch of chemicals and you'll be fine.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts
And I have to second this as well... the water here SUCKS.

Heather said:
unfortunately our water is the worst here in so cal. we have calcium build up, rust, and chlorine. i wouldn't doubt that all that crap can definitely build up in our hair. i also think that that is why the bs wash doesn't work. i'm looking into getting a water softener for my shower head. one thing you might try is a salt water rinse after you wash with bs. i figure you add salt to a whole house water softeners so maybe it would help with residue from the water left behind. for now i'm sticking to shampoo and washing less.
Zack4
@zack4
13 years ago
38 posts
Ya it definetely sucks, ya I'm just guna start using ttt and just star washing less often
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
Aside from the water problem...my scalp had gotten pretty bad for awhile but the other day i used the hard spray setting on my shower and pressure washed my head with nice hot water and it feels sooo much nicer. After my hair dried everything seemed to have fallen out of my hair instead of sticking to my scalp. Just saying... :)
shannan
@shannan
13 years ago
38 posts
I use to "no poo" a few years ago for about a year and I just mixed bs and water in a shampoo bottle, scrub my scalp, rinse with water, pour ac vinegar water 1/10 over then rinse with water again. if the bs is dissolved in the water i dont know why it would leave flakes on your head. i never left it on my head more than the minute i washed my scalp either.
KafkaX
@kafkax
13 years ago
69 posts
So Ive had similar problems to the OP...My scalp has been itching lately and upon secretly and carefully scratching my scalp, there has been a white build up underneath my fingernails...Ive been doing the BS soak/acv rinse once a week and washing with bronners twice a week on top of that...Is this a result from the bad So Cal water? I think im washing it all out, because i stick my head under the water for a good couple of minutes making sure I hit all sides of my scalp. Should I turn up the water pressure? Stop the BS soak and stick to just Bronners?
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
I had the build up too...not flaky but just....well.....nasty....I'm no where near Cali but it did help. Try it or don't :)

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form