Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baldness in time?

dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
That's good to know. I'm glad it's workin for ya. :) It's relieving cos that article made me go O_O uh oh.. but I kinda had a feeling it could have been a over maitance result.

Dave said:
hah, i was already thinning on top when i started my locs, now that i've quit using shampoo and use natural soaps insteadand the oil rinses i swear i've noticed a thickening of the thinner spots.

updated by @dreaded-delusion: 07/13/15 12:11:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

can be traced to over maintenance 1/2 the time someone sdays im having probs with my dreads i can just say well stop doing what your doing

but i usualy try to find put what they are doing so i can point out why its causing the probs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts

i reckon it's the oil(jojoba,lavender,peppermint,t,tree) rinses and better (calmer?)attitude.

ive always liked lavender and used it for stress(aroma-therapy) but have since joining here found it is also considered excellent for thickening hair growth and stimulating scalp re-gen, so now use it in every rinse.

By my reckoning my hair started to thin 16 years ago and i've wanted dreads for 10 yrs so if id started them 10yrs ago and treated my hair this good id have brilliant dreads by now and probably more hair,lol.

Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
This is one of my biggest fears!
Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
Aw. I like the make-up in synth dread pics. I like synth dreads for that matter. All part of the goth scene I so love.

dreaded delusion said:
Haha. How ironic it is that it always goes down that way ya know? It'd be like salt lady walkin around trying to make everyone scalpy. The makeup like drew carry lady made me giggle. Esp cos I always see make-up like that on synth dread advertisments. haha. It doesn't surprise me that the only people that got em was a young lady. That's just like when my fiance and I were in Jamica and saw little kids' parents spend all kinds of money to get their hair braided. :) Silly tourists. :)

soaringeagle said:

i was at the odunde fest 1 year and its like wall to wall dreads like 5 whole blocks standing room only all dreads (mostly jamaican rastas and africans ) but this 1 year this locticians there handing out flyers with all multicolored odviosly synthetic dreads offering to "fix" all these amazing dreads

it was just comical

especialy since like shes covered in glitter with fake eyelshes that were like nearly 2 inches long

and she was the only 1 in the crowd needing fixing (well no not true..there was this strange chick with clownloike makeup just like that chick from the drew cary show or that other brittich chick (or was that a tranny?)

but anyway she kept comming up to all these ppl with amazing locks and saying i can fix those for u and every 1 of em took a look at her laughed and said something like fix what they are just the way they should be.. ..the only ppl who i saw fall for it was ike a suburban conservative familt had theyre like 10 year old daughter get some synthetic dreads..

dreaded delusion said:

Thanks SE. That's what I figured. When I saw that thread it startled me but I don't do any of those things so I guess I'll be ok. :) I agree about the manicured look. That's why it always made me laugh when people who know nothing of locks (don't even have em) suggest I "fix them". I like my loose hairs. :)

soaringeagle said:

twisting interlocking over maintaining

specificlky twistimg and interlockimg

i tel;l ppl that all the time it can cause permenant harm to the scalp

i know ppl with 40 year old dreads ..natural never had these problems

but salon dreads see it alot

hell my hair has never been thicker or fuller amd it gets yanked on alot its def not weight or pulling its the twisting and extreme tighteness to the scalp that causes it

the whole manicured look to me looks like theyre trying to look like theyre going bacld with aqll the exposed scalp

too tight braiding cayuses the same thin tho

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form