Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should Dandruff build up so quickly?

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
No chewie I don't have a scalp condition ha ha. One wash with head and shoulders and i can go 6 days. Dandruff builds up around the 4th day after that wash. I honestly think I'm using to little of the ingredients. When I was using the gallon and 3/4 BS I didn't have this problem. I think I'm going to go back to the old way.
updated by @aaronthelegend: 07/09/15 09:04:27AM
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
I've used the squeeze bottle several times and it's awesome. (Thanks NaturalWomyn!) I get the acv I need to get rid of itchies/dandruff and there's significantly less fall out than when I poured all over my hair. In addition, no need to purchase a squirt bottle if you're not picky. Apparently, Deafy used a washed mustard squirt bottle and it works out fine. It's also the same shape as the squirt bottle I bought, only difference: not opaque with red measurement lines.I'd highly recommend giving it a shot, especially since there's no need to go to the store, just rummage through recycling containers. Aaron"TheLegend" said:
Put it in a squeeze bottle....hmmm maybe. But yeah SE I used COLD COLD COLD water when I rinse. O chewie so you only had 1 drop of the DR.B stuff?? Hmm so many different styles of washing the scalp @.@
NaturalWomyn said:
I'm not sure how long you've been dreading but ACV is pretty conditioning so you may want to hold off on using it if it's un-knotting your progress. If you still feel you need to use it for your scalp try putting it in a squeeze bottle(you can find them at beauty supply stores) and just concentrate it on your scalp, no the hair itself.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I had pretty much the same issue before I started dreading. If I didn't wash at least every other day with head and shoulders I would have wicked dandruff and itchy scalp. It would always start with the itch and then turn into dandruff which I assume is due to me scratching so much. I've been playing with my dilution and amounts of oils I use with the bs wash and so far for me rosemary has almost cured me. I still find I need to wash every 2-3 days but after upped the amount of rosemary it took my itchies away after a few washes. I find that if I go more than 2-3 days between washes that the itches the dandruff and the scabs from itching come right back. So in these instances I wash two days in a row and try too get back into my washing schedule. Its hard to stay to a particular schedule when your forgetting you have hair :)Arturus, ACV is apple cider vinegar
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah that's basically what happens to me, but I can go 4-6 if I just don't pay attention to my head and keep myself moving so I don't itch! xDBut the rosemary does help a lot, peppermint does a good thing as well. Do you guys use the ACV every time you wash or like every other week or something?? Jake Holland said:
I had pretty much the same issue before I started dreading. If I didn't wash at least every other day with head and shoulders I would have wicked dandruff and itchy scalp. It would always start with the itch and then turn into dandruff which I assume is due to me scratching so much. I've been playing with my dilution and amounts of oils I use with the bs wash and so far for me rosemary has almost cured me. I still find I need to wash every 2-3 days but after upped the amount of rosemary it took my itchies away after a few washes. I find that if I go more than 2-3 days between washes that the itches the dandruff and the scabs from itching come right back. So in these instances I wash two days in a row and try too get back into my washing schedule. Its hard to stay to a particular schedule when your forgetting you have hair :)

Arturus, ACV is apple cider vinegar
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
rosemary did wonders for me when i had some scalp flakes. nettle is also great for that.SE which scent of the Maylee's bar did you try? I got the peppermint one before. Thing is, if you want the therapeutic effect of the EO's they're gonna have to be strong, which will mean smelling strong. Weaker scent = less oils = less medicinal effect. The dreadlock bar I made smells strong of EOs too, makes your scalp tingle, but it works!Jenn
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Word, you make these bars???How O.o Jennifer Rose said:
rosemary did wonders for me when i had some scalp flakes. nettle is also great for that.

SE which scent of the Maylee's bar did you try? I got the peppermint one before. Thing is, if you want the therapeutic effect of the EO's they're gonna have to be strong, which will mean smelling strong. Weaker scent = less oils = less medicinal effect. The dreadlock bar I made smells strong of EOs too, makes your scalp tingle, but it works!

Jenn
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
Aaron yeah I do - they are on my new etsy shop, Goddesslocks PA, in the "shops" section.Jenn Aaron"TheLegend" said:
Word, you make these bars???
How O.o

Jennifer Rose said:
rosemary did wonders for me when i had some scalp flakes. nettle is also great for that.

SE which scent of the Maylee's bar did you try? I got the peppermint one before. Thing is, if you want the therapeutic effect of the EO's they're gonna have to be strong, which will mean smelling strong. Weaker scent = less oils = less medicinal effect. The dreadlock bar I made smells strong of EOs too, makes your scalp tingle, but it works!

Jenn
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
That's beast!But I think I finally found my way of washing my hair. I used rosemary and peppermint, it feels all tingly and such xDand they are all nice and sticking together(my hair) Jennifer Rose said:
Aaron yeah I do - they are on my new etsy shop, Goddesslocks PA, in the "shops" section.

Jenn

Aaron"TheLegend" said:
Word, you make these bars???
How O.o

Jennifer Rose said:

Jenn
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
You're washing with just the teas?Jenn
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
No I used like a random measurement of BS, then added it to a Gallon of water(only filled it about....1/3). Left that in for like 10 minutes, then rinsed with COLD COLD water, then I added water and some oils(peppermint(6 drop), Lavender(5 drops),Rosemary(10drops)), then added like a little more then 1/3 water this time, shook it all up. left on my head for 10 minutes, then filled the gallon of COLD COLD water(again lol I like caps BWAHAHA) and rinsed with that.O I also gently massaged my scalp when I did those two washs(Bs, Oils). Jennifer Rose said:
You're washing with just the teas?

Jenn

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form