Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Weak hair paranoia

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
if they dread themselves(natural/neglect) then there is no outside force making them. I know my TnRs are manufactured :) J.D. said:
aren't all dreads manufactured? if you think about it, whether it be by a comb or by your body, dreads are manufactured.

updated by @opaulao: 07/23/15 03:59:44PM
Buffalo Rogers
@buffalo-rogers
14 years ago
46 posts
I'm always scared of mine falling out too 0.oI think, for me atleast, I'm scared because my roots feel really thin, and I think that the hair will eventually fall out.... I think the dread is just thicker because it's also full of hair that's fallen out, so it would normally be only as thick as what's at the root, but since the dread's so much thicker, it feels really thin. Hahah I don't think I'm making sense, but I just cleared it up for myself! Thanks! xD
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
LMFAO Sister Rags said:
This thread reminds me of "Ballad of a Thin Man"...

You raise up your head
And you ask, "Is this where it is ?"
And somebody points to you and says
"It's his"
And you says, "What's mine ?"
And somebody else says, "Where what is ?"
And you say, "Oh my God
Am I here all alone ?"
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
WTF all he did was backcomb and he priobs got a mte to do it, what is manufactured about that ? Island Mamma said:
Common/normal on manufactured dreads.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Dude, manufactured means made ...Every dread that is not natural/neglect is manufactured. It was just a blunt statement there was no hidden meaning. Simply stating that it's not common in natural dreads, but it is in manufactured dreads.. Jack Roth said:
WTF all he did was backcomb and he priobs got a mte to do it, what is manufactured about that ?

Island Mamma said:
Common/normal on manufactured dreads.
Michael LaCour
@michael-lacour
14 years ago
10 posts
Buffalo rogers i fully understand and agree with your explanation. i always felt like that was true... which is why i'm sure we are both just being paranoid ;-) Buffalo Rogers said:
I'm always scared of mine falling out too 0.o
I think, for me atleast, I'm scared because my roots feel really thin, and I think that the hair will eventually fall out.... I think the dread is just thicker because it's also full of hair that's fallen out, so it would normally be only as thick as what's at the root, but since the dread's so much thicker, it feels really thin. Hahah I don't think I'm making sense, but I just cleared it up for myself! Thanks! xD
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
weather they were backcombed or not doesnt mean they are more prone to breaking after a year and half, i just feel that sometimes people can be a bit pathetic, it feels like if u havnt done the natural method U ARE EVIL AND U MUST FIX URESELF it does my head in, we all have dreads and now we are here we all know not to do anything with our hair now and yeah this website provides some good information and help but it can also slam people into the ground and sometimes makes u feel that if u havnt done the neglect method ure not a real dreadlock and just a fake, well my dreadswere backcomberd but they are still dreadlocks, definition MATTED HAIR, is my hair matted ..... err yes it is
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Backcombed dreads are more prone to breaking. And your dreads were manufactured. So were mine and I just did TnR and then left them alone too. Simply because you and I sectioned our dreads our self.Dreads that section themselves have far less tension. Our sections are not natural and there could be dreads that have sides that pull more than the other(I know I do)Either way, it was said in response to someone who said it was common in all men with dreads. A crocheting loctician who got kicked out so you don't see her comment. Jack Roth said:
weather they were backcombed or not doesnt mean they are more prone to breaking after a year and half, i just feel that sometimes people can be a but pathetic, my dreads were backcombed to begin with but i havnt done anything to them since really, i would not call my dreads manufactured, i didnt go to a salon and i didnt pay money to get them.
Jordan Skwarek
@jordan-skwarek
14 years ago
12 posts
Will dreads that pull more on one side then another fix themselves? I have a few of these and would really hope they don't stay like this.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form