Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Hair Has A Hard Time Growing

Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
do you mean length wise or width?you can control the width of the dreads but if your doing it naturally it can be kind of hard to get smaller dreads. How thick do you want them? Sekmet Senge Dong-ma said:
Oh I understand!!! But, I don't want my dreads that to small or too big..

soaringeagle said:
also all hair grows at different rates
this is my freind david alexander english

and from back

and this is me

we both started our dreads at the same vermount gathering 19 years ago
mine reached my toes while his barely reached his shoulders.
sometimes thats just the way it goes.

updated by @daniel: 07/23/15 07:40:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
u gotta start somewhere.. and dreads will get shorter before getting longer that cant be avoided. but when they do start to grow theres nothing that will slow the growth like trimming does so they just grow on and on..if you go natural, the shrinkage and growth tend to almost cancle eachother out or at least be less extreme so it will instead be a period of zero or slow growth before it starts to growthe sooner u start the quicker u get to the growth stageshorther hair tends to shrink less too so u get there faster or at least with less length loss

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
ironically my hair got longer with the dreads. My hair was REALLY curly before i dreaded so it only looked about 2 1/2 to 3 inches long. Now that its dreading its getting pulled down to about 6 inches. Nothing like the 8 inches i started with but much longer than it looked before soaringeagle said:
u gotta start somewhere.. and dreads will get shorter before getting longer that cant be avoided. but when they do start to grow theres nothing that will slow the growth like trimming does so they just grow on and on..

if you go natural, the shrinkage and growth tend to almost cancle eachother out or at least be less extreme so it will instead be a period of zero or slow growth before it starts to grow

the sooner u start the quicker u get to the growth stage
shorther hair tends to shrink less too so u get there faster or at least with less length loss
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Oh okay.. I understand!! i was talking about width like hers Daniel said:
do you mean length wise or width?
you can control the width of the dreads but if your doing it naturally it can be kind of hard to get smaller dreads. How thick do you want them? Sekmet Senge Dong-ma said:
Oh I understand!!! But, I don't want my dreads that to small or too big..

soaringeagle said:
also all hair grows at different rates
this is my freind david alexander english

and from back

and this is me

we both started our dreads at the same vermount gathering 19 years agomine reached my toes while his barely reached his shoulders.sometimes thats just the way it goes.

updated by @foxyfresh: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
natural dreads tend to vary in width , you can keep thenmj thin by ripping more often making sire the sections are all staying thinif you want to ensure they are all relatively simular sizes start off twisting sections or twist and rip(theres instructional pages in the links to the right)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Thanks for all this good advice everybody!!! I really appreciate it i really do.. I can't show my reactions over the computer but no sarcasm intended!!!! I'm going to concentrate on getting the residue out my hair and finding something that helps my hair grow.. And then when I get it to the length I want then I'll go for the next step, lol. One day at a time.. have a GN everybody:):)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form