Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

veggie vegan omni ital? whats your diet and hows it relate to your dreadiness (if at all)

Sam Newton
@sam-newton
12 years ago
18 posts

That is so cool Yogi. I do not think I will ever go back to eating animal product again. but I am not sure what the future holds for me. I don't see why I would becasue I feel so much better now that I have started. but I did have a coffee at starbucks the other day and forgot to ask for soy. lets just say I have built up a lactose intolerance

Yogisunshine said:

I'm a vegan girl myself, Started off for medical reason's a looong time ago now where i had to cut dairy out of my diet totally and pretty much all food that was processed because of the excess sugar and salt they add into it. Then after a few years of eating no dairy and what not i started having issues when i would eat meat, didn't really matter what kind of meat but red meat was by far the worst. I would get awful pain and well lots of other stomach related issues. So almost a year ago i decided to go straight up vegan.. i went raw vegan for a month or so but i couldn't handle not being able to cook.. i might try it again but who knows...I have had a few slip ups because well sometimes im not very careful and something has chicken stock in them or i simply am human and eat what is available ( i ALWAYS pay for it!)I didn't really think much of the moral issues attached to it but i do more often now. I am never going to be one of those people who force my food choices on people... my husband actually is a carnivore still.. althought since he's lazy and a bad cook he mostly eats vegan. I hope to get stronger and stronger in my resolve and be able to be 100% vegan for the rest of my life. I find it has done wonders for my life.

The more i read about the dread journey the more i feel like maybe the messy stage might be a really good thing for me... I am a tiny giant control freak lol

updated by @sam-newton: 07/13/15 07:31:41PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Same here Sam. I make an awesome rice pudding, but the astronomical amount of milk and heavy cream that go into it is too much for me. I can taste just enough to tell when the flavor is right, but I can't, for the life of me, get down a whole cup of it myself anymore. I can still eat cheese, but as far as milk and cream go, my stomach can't handle it anymore.

Sam Newton
@sam-newton
12 years ago
18 posts

I havent tried that yet. but I keep hearing good things about it so I think I am going to give it a shot sometime
soon
Yogisunshine said:

I always find it amazing how if you don't have certain foods in your body you will get sensative to them. @baba fats.. have you tried using coconut milk instead of the milk and heavy cream?

Sam Newton
@sam-newton
12 years ago
18 posts

yeah its pretty bizzare how that works, but it makes sense too.

Baba Fats said:

Same here Sam. I make an awesome rice pudding, but the astronomical amount of milk and heavy cream that go into it is too much for me. I can taste just enough to tell when the flavor is right, but I can't, for the life of me, get down a whole cup of it myself anymore. I can still eat cheese, but as far as milk and cream go, my stomach can't handle it anymore.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Honestly, I can't stand coconut milk. Don't know why. Something about the taste. I know it doesn't really taste like coconut, but I can taste it enough, or at least think I can. Plus it isn't thick enough for the purpose I need it for, and I refuse to add corn starch to it tothickenit

Mars McFarland
@mars-mcfarland
12 years ago
6 posts

I've been a vegetarian since I was 16, I'm nearly 19 now. I had wanted to since I was maybe 11 or 12 but my mom wouldn't have it. When I was 16, I left, and that very day I decided never to take a bite of meat again. And I feel so much lighter and healthier because of it. My hair is still soft after 2 or 3 days of not washing, where it used to feel greasy by the end of the day even if I had washed it that morning. My skin is softer, I weigh less, I just feel a lot cleaner. I eat a lot of whole grains, and fruits, probably not quite as many vegetables as I could, but when I can get ahold of them without having to pay a fortune at the store, I gobble them up. Spinach is one of my all time favorites. :) I don't remember why I ever even wanted to be vegetarian, I've just always hated the taste of meat and they way my body reacted to it, making me lethargic, and I used to get really intense, crippling stomach aches that prevented me from even walking, and I'd get them on a weekly basis. I haven't had that happen at all since being vegetarian. It's like I was meant to be that way, for real. :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Good for you. I was a vegge for about 6-8 months when I was 16 and started eating meat again at some point, I don't remember why. Then around 18 or 19 I stopped again. My own spiritual reasons, this time. Haven't touched it since except for an occasional bite of something that had chicken stock in it that I didn't know about.

Tony2
@tony2
12 years ago
5 posts

I try to eat unprocessed, natural foods. I prefer organic food, but it's pretty expensive, though arguably worth it, because there can be a lot of bad things in seemingly "natural" foods, like pesticide residues .

I like fermented foods, such as yogurt, kimchi, and apple cider vinegar, for their probiotic and prebiotic properties, which help with immune function and even mental health .

There are some things I won't eat, like hot dogs and bacon. The nitrite preservatives used in those "foods" are just scary.

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
It's funny how being vegetarian and have dreadlocks puts you at the fringes of society, yet for someone like me who eats meat, I'm at the fringes of dreadlock society. I could never give up meat, it is a huge part of my culture. my father is from Laos and I remember growing up and for every special occasion the old people would go buy a whole cow to cook. I will say this though, they didn't let any part go to waste. I still remember the smell of my dad frying blood. One of the worst smells ever.
Erika Ostroski
@erika-ostroski
12 years ago
22 posts

I'm vegetarian but I'm thinking of going vegan for health reasons... I'm not totally sure though. Is anyone else vegan? I want to lose weight the healthy way. I really love animals, I've been a vegetarian on and off for years, and I kind of feel like taking the next step!

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form