Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreadlocks tips (post them here)

Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

So i've been naturally dreading for about 4 months now, a couple little baby dreads, nothing too much though....but my question is what can I...or better yet, we as a dreadlock community do to speed up and enhance the natural dreadlock process? Please post any/all ideas/methods TIPS & TRICKS! to help the natural dreading process of our lovely heads! and maybe some ways to make it faster, :D

Sincerely,
Ricky.

updated by @ricky-aka-ricky: 02/14/15 07:19:40AM
ashley ✿
@ashley
12 years ago
167 posts

sea salt water

Green Head
@green-head
12 years ago
31 posts

Like Ashley says, you cold rinse it in some sea salt water to dry it out a bit, you could also twist and rip it into sections, that's what I did, i didn't section all of it I left some bits loose, the top front and back of my hair is a bit shorter than yours looks so it will work for you, they might stick up for about a week though but they calm down then :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well then that wouldnt be natural dreading

what u can do

when u wash wash just the scalop carefully

'when u dry drip or air dry

sea salt

forgetu have hair

lose your watch and calander.. time is relative to perception

speeding up dreading is as simple as altering your perception of time slow down your life and enjoy it dont stress over rushing things and a year will feel like a weeek

go sopend time in the woods

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

wool pillowcase, wool tam, beads & wraps, washing mermaid style & allowing to air dry, using http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/ lockin up shampoo & the gel, sea salt & time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

washing mermaid style/ whats that?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

washing in the tub letting your hair swish around, i think the power of my shower head was spraying my hair straight, someone else had mentioned the same thing before i didn't have a name for it, she did.

soaring eagle said:

washing mermaid style/ whats that?

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

wish i lived near the ocean!!!

Justin said:

The best thing I've found in my 4 months is the ocean. I didn't feel as though mine were getting anywhere and in the last month that I've been swimming in the sea I've seen more progress than the previous 3 months.

Alive She Cried
@alive-she-cried
12 years ago
51 posts

best tip not count the days from when you started dreading i started back in sept or oct and then messed up and let em go in jan no idea what day it was i just realized today since it's the first that it's been 6 months

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Thank you Alive. I have no idea how old my locks are. I know somewhere between 5 and 6 years old. Probably closer to 6, now, but I haven't paid any attention to their age since the day I started them

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form