Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreadlocks tips (post them here)

Alive She Cried
@alive-she-cried
12 years ago
51 posts

your welcome i haven't been dreading as long as a lot of yous but at first i had all these questions then i just suddenly came to the point to not worry about anything just let it be it must be so tiring to tell people to just let it be and them come at you with the same questions all the time SE has a lot of patience

updated by @alive-she-cried: 07/23/15 04:57:56PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yes he does. That's a big point of this forum. We don't mind at all having people as the same questions over and over. It just gives us a chance toreinforce good habits when other members look at the page

Alive She Cried
@alive-she-cried
12 years ago
51 posts

that's great! best use i've ever got out of the web is this site

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i didnt "start" my dreads..so for the longest time i had no idea how old they were but few years ago after beimg asked all the time i figured o=it out actualy the day this picture was taken

this was taken in wyoming at the gathering and was taken about as close as i could figure to their 18th birthday(will be 22 this july)

i had to figure it out like this..i knorw i was in vermont at the gathering so that gave me the year

i remembered trading for some beads at trade circle which i wouldnt have done for the 1st few days there so i guesed i got the beads 1st or 2nd i had tru[ied sricking em in my hair 1 day didnt work so a sister tied them in which came out the next day and were put in properly so that was maybe the 3rd of july

the 6th abnd 7th i had a few hair wraps done

so the only day it coulsdsa been that i started dreading was the 3rd (since the 4th was spent in sillence)

but it took me 18 years to figure out exactly when i started..probly cause i never pay attention to time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
I started mine in January when I simply threw away my brush.I use sea slat water, wash with bs, separate when necessary and not really worry about them. I am 5 months in and am totally dreaded now they are jus maturing. I love watching them grow and change day by day. I am gunna miss the zigzags, those ones always make me smile :) . I think the most important part is to just simply enjoy the journey.
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

bs will help your hair dry out a bit so it will be more prone to knotting. adding a tbs or two of sea salt to the wash helps too. wear a tam. sleep with a wool sweater over your pillow or my personal favorite, beads:)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Beads are my favorite. I never got the concept of sleeping with wool. I love wearing it. But never heard of sleeping on it til a few months ago.

I'm a big advocate of taking down or covering up your mirrors. That way you can't look at yourself everyday and feel like nothing has changed since yesterday

sam carne
@sam-carne
12 years ago
1 posts

made my day for sure :)

one love

soaring eagle said:

well then that wouldnt be natural dreading

what u can do

when u wash wash just the scalop carefully

'when u dry drip or air dry

sea salt

forgetu have hair

lose your watch and calander.. time is relative to perception

speeding up dreading is as simple as altering your perception of time slow down your life and enjoy it dont stress over rushing things and a year will feel like a weeek

go sopend time in the woods

KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

well if hair dreads because of motion, hair rubbing together and creating knots, then be active! frolic, run, wrestle, have fun :).

Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

Drive down the freeway with all your windows down :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form