Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I want natural dreads but need them tidy....?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

They don't have to be conservative. The are supposed to "look" conservative. And I agree it's most important to be a loveable teacher. If your kids don't like you, they won't respect you. I'd say that all of my teach's in high school looked pretty straight edge. Some were obviously hippies, but you'd never know just looking at them

updated by @baba-fats: 07/13/15 03:18:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats funny cause we had teachers that were veruy odvios hippies and 1 i thought might be a biker

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

That'sawesome. I wish it was like that for me. It might be something for my generation. It seems to be ararity to find a teacher who is outwardly liberal. Teachers aren't even supposed to voice any politicalopinionsanymore. You can get in trouble ( not like fired, but definitely frowned upon) if you even go to a rally

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

Teachers can have locks. There's nothing stopping themlegally But when it comes down to actully getting a job in a school, it depends on the principal and the school district. Most, and I mean the vast majority of principals, won't hire dread heads. Those who get hired should count their blessings. They are probably the best teachers out there, but being the best teacher doesn't mean you'll get the job, in fact, the best teachers are the ones who don't make it 5 years. They get fed up with the administration.

Literally, 50% of all new teachers don't make it 5 years. Some because they weren't cut out for the job, and a lot because the job doesn't let them actually help kids. You can be loveable all you like, but in the end, the administration stops you from teaching kids the truth.

I grew up around teachers; My mom was one for a few years and quit to become a social worker because she really wanted to help kids. my dad taught for philly for 35 years, my girlfriends dad taught for phily for 35 years, and my girlfriend teaches for philly now. It hasn't change dmuch, except now they teach to the standardized tests. Not only are those tests false and take money away from ailing schools, it stops the teachers for dozens of weeks out of the year from teaching relevant material

Jane DoDo
@jane-dodo
13 years ago
2 posts

amen bruda!!!

soaring eagle said:

u do nopt need to have tidy dreads for any job.. you can have natural dreads no matter what your job is

do you think its easy to get into nasa and work on the rockets that got us to the moon> yet there was a guy with natural de=reads designing amnd building those rockets he now runs the largest biodeisel refinery in the country another freind..a member on this site will soon be working at nasa as well ..with natural dreads

dont give up what you want just be who you are and let who you are shine so your emplotyers can see

stick to your principles and you will be running the company buckle and fold and be weak and prove yiur willing to compromise ypur values and you will never get out of the ranks of the mediocre

Beorc the Viking Hippie
@beorc-the-viking-hippie
13 years ago
12 posts

Maybe a spray made of salt water combined with some essential oils would help?

I made one today for starting my dreadlock journey that has Rosemary, Peppermint, and Tea Tree oils in it.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

sounds like a great combination. I've never added salt to my solutions. How much did you use?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

3.5% of the water volume

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tinarama
@tinarama
13 years ago
20 posts
Wow I bet that smells great too! Thanks

Beorc Mattson said:

Maybe a spray made of salt water combined with some essential oils would help?

I made one today for starting my dreadlock journey that has Rosemary, Peppermint, and Tea Tree oils in it.

Tinks
@tinks
12 years ago
1 posts

where ? lol I want to teach but also want dreads...

soaring eagle said:

i hate to brweak it to u but we have several teachers here with natural dreads

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form