Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

About dreads and crochet hooks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

excuse my language but you must be too anything that can cause a dread to brweak if over done does extreme harm if done at all

dont u ger that

you do it one timre it breaks hairs those hairs pop out so you do it again to ficx the broken hairs u caysed then again abnd again and the4n you have over done it

ypur at 4 months what month will u give up and decide u overdid it?

just stop dont ever do it dont ever recomend it

once u start its hard to s=top its like an addiction

and sooner or later you rtoo will be a freaking idiot with a broken dread cause you thought u knew better then everyone else and you knew how to use restraint yet you kept doing it over and over

its just an idiotuc thing to do ..poking holes in drads is extremely destructive

think abgbout what yiur doing

beyond perfect? ha

Andra Columbus said:

@soaring eagle

Didn't you read my first post? I made it clear that you shouldn't OVER DO IT.

There's nothing wrong with crocheting, if you do it the right way. I don't get why you say they would break off, because that's not true! I've been crocheting mine, and they're beyond perfect right now. Your friend that practically tore their dreads off must truly be (excuse me for my expression, but I don't know how else to say it) completely fucking idiots. It's just stupid.

Do it the right way and it will be fine!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 02:34:31AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hans thats true the texture and feel and look might never fully recover although many do most of the way but still may feel scratchy itchy squeeky (when sw=queezed u fekl the broken hairs grinding)

and the weakness can nev er recover broken hairs are broken forever

--
Andréa Columbus
@andra-columbus
13 years ago
7 posts

Oh dear god................

Obviously, you're not getting what I'm trying to say. I never said that I still crochet my dreads. I did it too START WITH. So the process wouldn't be so long. And you know what? My dreads are 4 months old, none of them broke off, they're healthy and awesome and perfect.

BoomBiddyByeBye
@boombiddybyebye
13 years ago
13 posts
I don't understand why she asked a question and when people give honest repsponses...then they get shat on. Seriously women...if you going to have a attitude towards people that have been dreading for many years.. Then take your attitude elsewhere. If you so 'for' crocheting and think you know it all.. Then don't ask the question in the first place
Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

"women"?
Okay, before I respond to Andra I have to respond to you Boom...

It's not "women" it's "humans". We hate being wrong.
When we present something, even if it's a view or an action we aren't holding too tightly to, we tend to get on the defensive when we're told we're wrong.
Even if we face evidence proving us undeniably wrong we tend to get defensive and respond aggressively because we just don't "want" to be wrong.

Whether a person is right or wrong doesn't dictate this knee jerk reaction of going on the defensive, just how it feels to be told to be wrong and what tools one has (psychologically speaking) to deal with that, and those tools aren't gendered, they're human.

None of us have seen her locks nor do we know for a fact what effect crocheting has had on them, so we can't say with any 100% conviction that they are damaged. It's "likely" given how crocheting works, but it's not a 100% given either.

Still, and now I am addressing Andra as well, it is demonstrable that using a metallic object to manipulate the hairs in locks does come with a significant risk, practically a guarantee, that "some" hairs will be broken, and once broken, they can never be "un-broken".

Also, Andra, Just cause you started a discussion doesn't mean that you're the only person who the replies to the discussion are directed at, and even if you are, starting a response to a reply with an all caps, multiple question mark, "OMG" infused response is rather rude, 'specially when someone's taking the time to explain how they agree with you, on what, and why.
It makes you come off as argumentative and pissy and can make a person disinclined to continue to agree with you.

Yes, I read your entire post. I also read all of the responses to the post. I expressed my view on the "topic being discussed".
If you can't handle people discussing a topic that you've raised in a public forum, even when they're actually bloody agreeing with you, perhaps you want to reconsider raising topics in public forums.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh dear god you dont get it

you made the process longer u do it oner time and it takes 6 months of loosening befiore they begin to dread so in 7 months you woll be where most ppl are at 1 month

dont you get that?

its a stupid thing to do even once

but sigh

see now your arguing even when you realize your wrong you know its harmful yet your still defending it

wow

Andra Columbus said:

Oh dear god................

Obviously, you're not getting what I'm trying to say. I never said that I still crochet my dreads. I did it too START WITH. So the process wouldn't be so long. And you know what? My dreads are 4 months old, none of them broke off, they're healthy and awesome and perfect.

--
Leah "Paddish"
@leah-paddish
13 years ago
16 posts

I dont think Boom meant "women" in the plural sense, I could be wrong though. I took it as he meant "woman" as in Andrea. But on that note I agree with you Hans. =)

Hans Miniar Jnsson said:

"women"?
Okay, before I respond to Andra I have to respond to you Boom...

It's not "women" it's "humans". We hate being wrong.
When we present something, even if it's a view or an action we aren't holding too tightly to, we tend to get on the defensive when we're told we're wrong.
Even if we face evidence proving us undeniably wrong we tend to get defensive and respond aggressively because we just don't "want" to be wrong.

Whether a person is right or wrong doesn't dictate this knee jerk reaction of going on the defensive, just how it feels to be told to be wrong and what tools one has (psychologically speaking) to deal with that, and those tools aren't gendered, they're human.

None of us have seen her locks nor do we know for a fact what effect crocheting has had on them, so we can't say with any 100% conviction that they are damaged. It's "likely" given how crocheting works, but it's not a 100% given either.

Still, and now I am addressing Andra as well, it is demonstrable that using a metallic object to manipulate the hairs in locks does come with a significant risk, practically a guarantee, that "some" hairs will be broken, and once broken, they can never be "un-broken".

Also, Andra, Just cause you started a discussion doesn't mean that you're the only person who the replies to the discussion are directed at, and even if you are, starting a response to a reply with an all caps, multiple question mark, "OMG" infused response is rather rude, 'specially when someone's taking the time to explain how they agree with you, on what, and why.
It makes you come off as argumentative and pissy and can make a person disinclined to continue to agree with you.

Yes, I read your entire post. I also read all of the responses to the post. I expressed my view on the "topic being discussed".
If you can't handle people discussing a topic that you've raised in a public forum, even when they're actually bloody agreeing with you, perhaps you want to reconsider raising topics in public forums.

Andréa Columbus
@andra-columbus
13 years ago
7 posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

nah, thats not rude at all...its only because dreads mature much faster than humans...even if they are crochet.

SIGH

Read more: About dreads and crochet hooks - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/about-dreads-and-crochet-hooks?xg_source=activity&id=3754945%3ATopic%3A1109953&page=2#comments#ixzz1aD8esSKn
the best place for real dreadlocks
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Andra Columbus said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BoomBiddyByeBye
@boombiddybyebye
13 years ago
13 posts
Yea I meant womAn .. Singular.. I was refering to her (andrea).. Not anything with women in general:)

/ 6

Dislike 4

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form