Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ive stumbled across the ultimate dreading shampoo!

carlos mouses
@carlos-mouses
13 years ago
6 posts

hello troy i have some cuestions:
how long must i have to have the mix on my hair?

when i rinse it, should i use just water or dr b?

how many times a week?

updated by @carlos-mouses: 07/23/15 08:44:04AM
Troy FootsoulJah Leavy
@troy-footsouljah-leavy
13 years ago
21 posts

When you rinse rinse with as hot water as you can comfortably stand, then towel dry and throw it in a bandanna or wool tam. I like to keep it about 2 times a week and then just straight hot water on your off days. And Lauren depending on where you live it shouldnt be tooo hard to find, and if anything you can buy it online for a decent price, It is much worth it to me.

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hmm, i live in germany and ordered dr bronners magic soap from the UK ;-)

Lauren Halsall said:

cool :) i wish i got the same products over here!

Volchitsa
@volchitsa
13 years ago
4 posts

This sounds AWESOME. Will definitely try this, and let you know how it works.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the right mix of this in a big bottle which is about 12 inches is cober the bottom with salt about the thickness of 2-3 coins

then an inch of soap the rest water

but it will foam like crazy when adding water so u may have to add till foam overflows shake a lil to stir and let it settle then slowly add more and repeat till u get it full

if u fill it slow it wont foam too much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts

using a whole bottle is ridiculous! the dilution rate with dr bronners is very small.

your only suppose to use 2 drops really for a scalp rub or a little more for more soap. the dilution is like 18-1 i think

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

12-1 to 18-1 at strongest some do 20-1 some even 40-1

but i dont thing he used the whole bottole i mix a bottle to use

like i take an empty put a lil in add the water to makee a shampoo bottle which lasts months and u refill it from the undiluted bottle

grittyjane said:

This sounds cool but not the part about putting wet hair in a tam. That could cause mold.

I'm going to go get some Bronners and try the mix. :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

so i tried this with a bottle of tea tree bronners that had about a 1/4 of the bottle left. i used distilled water and sea salt. one thing i noticed is that the sea salt does a weird clumping thing at the bottom of the bottle. i left it in the cupboard for about a week and it turned into a creamy soap. so strange and cool. i washed my hair with it today and it doesn't seem to have left a residue like it has before. my hair is wet right now so we'll see how it feels when it dries.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i don't think he's using the whole bottle in one wash. you would use the same amount as you would wash with normal shampoo. a whole bottle would probably last months.

Kare T said:

using a whole bottle is ridiculous! the dilution rate with dr bronners is very small.

your only suppose to use 2 drops really for a scalp rub or a little more for more soap. the dilution is like 18-1 i think

hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

Crossed fingers you've finally found the perfect shampoo, Heather. Keep us posted.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form