Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I Caved.....

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i think people with really curly or unruly hair that would normally knot on its own really fast choose a starter method to avoid the months of separating and looking like a mess. a starter method definitely makes it a bit easier to keep things in order from the start. either way after the starter method is put in we are all on the same journey to ultimately obtain nice beautiful dreadlocks in the end.
updated by @heather: 07/18/15 02:26:58PM
Angie Glaze
@angie-glaze
13 years ago
18 posts
Thank you,Heather...you put that much more eloquently than I :)
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts

Thanks Angie. :)

I agree, Heather, either way they are started, we are all on the journey together, to have beautiful dreads in the end. :)

Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts

Man! I would love to start off my dreads with TnR or backcombing... It's just I SOOO can't be bothered... I TnRed two and got so bored so went and did something else! I think it would be much easier to control the mental knots. I've got dreads forming that are basically the width of my head and its kind of heart breaking to tear them part every day!

But there we are!

Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Mine only took like 3 hours. I hardly have any hair.
Marcus Gibbs
@marcus-gibbs
13 years ago
16 posts
I have been growing my neglect dreads for over a year now and still have some loose hair. It takes much time, especially for straighter caucasian hair like mine. I love knowing that mine are 100% without wax or any other product other than BS and ACV wash twice a week. It really takes time, in the end you will be so happy and proud of yourself that you did it the "right" way which is natural :)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I have the way curly dready on it's own hair, and right now I wish I woulda sectioned it w/ TnR or something simply because I have to seperate daily sometimes more they are just EATING eachother up, and have had a couple sections I could not section, and one I did a no no too I know but it was bothering me it was two dreads that half way down combined into one and try as I might to seperate them I just took the scissors to them (shhh don't yell) I have some real nice sections very defined but so many of them are so curly they are just curling around other dreads and its crazy....but after this last scissor excursion I've decided to be less worried and if that happens again I'ma just let it be, I think I just got scared because I've been seperating soo much more often than others seem to have to! All in all, the journey is different for us all and I love all dreads that are "healthy!"
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Mine are product free, I just TnR'd them. I do NOT have the patience to grow them for a year or more, this is a style that I've wanted for over 15 years. I'm happy that you think yours are done the "right" way, but I think the "right" way depends on the person who wears them.

Marcus Gibbs said:
I have been growing my neglect dreads for over a year now and still have some loose hair. It takes much time, especially for straighter caucasian hair like mine. I love knowing that mine are 100% without wax or any other product other than BS and ACV wash twice a week. It really takes time, in the end you will be so happy and proud of yourself that you did it the "right" way which is natural :)
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
I WISH I had hair like yours. I wouldn't have had to TnR. lol

Shanxon Lemasters said:
I have the way curly dready on it's own hair, and right now I wish I woulda sectioned it w/ TnR or something simply because I have to seperate daily sometimes more they are just EATING eachother up, and have had a couple sections I could not section, and one I did a no no too I know but it was bothering me it was two dreads that half way down combined into one and try as I might to seperate them I just took the scissors to them (shhh don't yell) I have some real nice sections very defined but so many of them are so curly they are just curling around other dreads and its crazy....but after this last scissor excursion I've decided to be less worried and if that happens again I'ma just let it be, I think I just got scared because I've been seperating soo much more often than others seem to have to! All in all, the journey is different for us all and I love all dreads that are "healthy!"

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form