Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnR Knowledge

Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
these look great--look like mine when I first did them. I don't want to discourage you, but they will not stay that manicured for long--especially not if you are physically active a lot. You will get fuzzy locks and they will loosen at the root an inch or so as they come untwisted and start to actually lock up---just remember that it is progress to mature dreadlocks and the crazier they get the more they will dread! good start though, i agree! Devan Ferro said:
i jsut barely TnR my dreads on friday. look at my profile pic to see how well they are for only a couple of days. im excited to see how they will look in the future

updated by @mama-harrison: 07/23/15 03:40:48PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
ooh my TnRs are 2 months old...I'll try to take pics at least once a month and I'll post my journey either at 6 months or a year depending on how they've progressed :)
Dana
@dana
14 years ago
9 posts
If you're curious to see some dread progression and more mature dreads, the Danish girl in the TnR video has a couple deviantart pages with her dreads at various stages up to 18+ months, I believe...I couldn't get the links to work so you'll have to copy and paste to see...http://anna-april.deviantart.com/ http://galapril.deviantart.com/ Some well done TnR documentation would be awesome!I didn't do it cuz I'm too lazy and for me, it would be like watching a clock... if that makes sense...
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
oh really? I love her dreads..do you have a link or something??? Dana Moen said:
If you're curious to see some dread progression and more mature dreads, the Danish girl in the TnR video has a couple deviantart pages with her dreads at various stages up to 18+ months, I believe...

Some well done TnR documentation would be awesome!
I didn't do it cuz I'm too lazy and for me, it would be like watching a clock... if that makes sense...
Dana
@dana
14 years ago
9 posts
Well I guess I suck at links...I am so in love with her dreads!She was my inspiration to comb out my year old candles..And this site of course! Paula said:
oh really? I love her dreads..do you have a link or something???

Dana Moen said:
If you're curious to see some dread progression and more mature dreads, the Danish girl in the TnR video has a couple deviantart pages with her dreads at various stages up to 18+ months, I believe...

Some well done TnR documentation would be awesome!
I didn't do it cuz I'm too lazy and for me, it would be like watching a clock... if that makes sense...
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Oh man...before I found this site I remember seeing that same vid that's in the TnR tutorial and I thought they looked pretty good..then I read the comments of people saying that that was a horrible way to make dreads and that they would unravel and this and that...man ...Someone really needs to inform people of TnR Dana Moen said:
Well I guess I suck at links...
I am so in love with her dreads!
She was my inspiration to comb out my year old candles..
And this site of course!
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
i agree, it's nto a terrible way to start dreads, they do somewhat unravel, but it's all part of hte process, I will try to document my journey as best as I can, make videos and take pictures every so often, like, my second month is coming up pretty soon...
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
i tnr'ed these bad boysi think there turning out better than the backcombed ones i did beforecheck out the pics theres sort of a mini timeline
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
added my 1 month TnR photos to my abm if you wanna check them out.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Wow your regime sounds very thought out. Is it working for ya'? Mama Harrison said:
You can check my profile for photos of my hair immediately after TnR--it took me 9 days to do them and I have a total of about 140-160. I am approaching 1 month on August 4th and will take photos then and post. They have changed a bit--not quiet as manicured or twisted looking as they were in the inital stages, but still very tight--I have noticed that they are really tightening up a lot and I am already getting a lot of loops and such. I wash 2x weekly with baking soda/water/tea tree /lavender oil --I soak my hair and then pour it over my head and use my finger tips to rub/massage my scalp (I have had a bit of trouble with itchiness and dandruff since dreadlocking) and then let this mix set in my hair for 30 minutes. Then rinse with ACV/water/peppermint oil and 1x a week I rub coconut oil into the roots/scalp. I also spray a sea salt/water/grapefruit/citrus oil mix on my dreads a few times the day before i wash them to tighten them up. Only about 1/4 tsp sea salt in a spray bottle full of water and only spray the length not the scalp. I pull apart my congos in the evenings that I wash my hair after it dries. It is quiet simple and next to no work at all--although washing does take more time now and i never washed my hair more then 3x weekly pre-dreads so this is taking some getting used to.

I would love to see some mature locks from TnR too.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form