Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting Dreads How to TnR help

Ganja Farmer
@ganja-farmer
14 years ago
12 posts
alright well im gonna start my dreads my hair is like maby 4 inches to 6 i dont really know. Im going with the twist and ripp method but i just dont get it. Can someone explain this in detail because ive seen the steps and some videos but cant figure it out. Also i want thick dreads would it be possible to tnr for thicker dreads.also what should i use to prep my dreads because im asian so my hair is super stright but its also super thick and gets oily.thanks for the help
updated by @ganja-farmer: 01/13/15 08:38:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
slow down your wash cycle washing less u get less oily use esea salt sprays on the hair only not scalp and rinse off after a few hours use thyme tea on the scalp leave it onok twist a section split in 2 oull in oposite directions bring back together split again (random places each time in random directions too) pull repeat like 6 times then let go grab again and retwist repeat retwist every 6 or more pulls if u retwist too often it looks braidedu might want to concisder going natural too for nice thick dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ganja Farmer
@ganja-farmer
14 years ago
12 posts
i want to go natural but im looking for a job right now and it wouldnt be the best time, but can i make thick dreads with tnr method?? or is there another method thats better soaringeagle said:
slow down your wash cycle washing less u get less oily use esea salt sprays on the hair only not scalp and rinse off after a few hours use thyme tea on the scalp leave it on

ok twist a section split in 2 oull in oposite directions bring back together split again (random places each time in random directions too) pull repeat like 6 times then let go grab again and retwist repeat retwist every 6 or more pulls if u retwist too often it looks braided
u might want to concisder going natural too for nice thick dreads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sure u canjust remember they will look thinner then they will end up being when mature so dont make the root sections too big i wouldnt go over an inch

--
Ganja Farmer
@ganja-farmer
14 years ago
12 posts
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZDOwQ6BpD4M/SPqxJxfiDjI/AAAAAAAABfA/L2TwE... i want my dreads like that thick how big should i make the sections? what will happen if i make them to big?and is washing with bar soap effective
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
those are bout an inchif u make em too big theyre hard to clean hard to dry can pull unvenly and hurt u wont be able to scratch an itch under emwell what bar soap do u meanh standard bars? they will leave alot of residuestheres non residue bars in our members shops that are amazing but so is just using the baking soda deep cleanidrecomend either Ganja Farmer said:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZDOwQ6BpD4M/SPqxJxfiDjI/AAAAAAAABfA/L2TwE...

i want my dreads like that thick how big should i make the sections? what will happen if i make them to big?
and is washing with bar soap effective

--
Ganja Farmer
@ganja-farmer
14 years ago
12 posts
thanks brothis sites the shit hahapeople that actually know dreads because other places have a bunch of people critizing when you ask about locks
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Beads are good for sectioning and forming.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form