Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What method of dreading is this?

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
If the dreads are all the same and in sections it TR and some people feel its a journey and lifestyle not just a hairstyle to throw on. windy?! said:
is you guys cant tell if its natural or tnr then that means natural isn't that much better b/c you cant tell the difference rite?
im not trying to start and argument or anything just sayin tnr and natural are pretty uch the same arnt they?
Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts
Would those be considered to thin? Like in the future, she would have issues?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
look natural to mebut cpuld be t&r i doubt backcombingid say 80% chance its natural 19% chance its a very loose tnr allowed to go natural from the start 1% chance its backcombedjust dont look baclkcombed to meid guess theyre about 3 months along maybe 5 if 100% natural but hard to guess

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
doubt it at least not till real longmany or most of mine were thinner and had no issues till they reached the ground

Khristina Petrovic said:
Would those be considered to thin? Like in the future, she would have issues?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts
Thank-you friend, just want to make sure I do not do anything "wrong", i'm finally here and don't plan on leaving....SO GLAD TO FIND YOU & this site!!!!!!!!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I vote possible T & R they are pretty thin. I think hair texture has a lot to do with it. It could be natural too. As far as T & R and natural/neglect being the same thing...nope. It's not only about the destination it's the journey that gets you there. Just because the end result looks similar doesn't mean it's the same thing for everybody. I'm not dogging T & R.It's just another type of starter method like backcombing. IMHO that's put's it in a different category.We all need to decide what's right for ourselves and I'm not saying choosing either makes you better or worse it's just different. As long as we are happy with our own choice that's what really counts. :o)
Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts
I'm trying start, yesterday I washed my hair with shampoo & conditioner. Last night put in a couple of ripntwists. But I feel like I need to wash my hair to get the shampoo & conditioner out so I can offically start
Alicia Burnit
@alicia-burnit
14 years ago
17 posts
I think they look backcombed. I backcombed and mine looked like the second picture after about a week. The first picture looks like she had them all braided in smaller braids and taken out, I also did this the other day, and it looked the same.
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
I cant let Natural shape my dreads if they have been pre shaped, And i don't get the patience lesion, I am living as i want, with earth and jah, I am not combing, TnR, Or even separating, So maybe in 40 years, when my lets say, 30 dreads become, 4-8 or so, They will tell a story, of how i got there, who i am, And what i am about, Anyone can twist hair and make dreads, But they will never get that satisfaction connecting them to mother earth, And if i had 40 yr old TnR's id be saying DAMN i wish i would have been patient as a child, And went natural.

windy?! said:
is you guys cant tell if its natural or tnr then that means natural isn't that much better b/c you cant tell the difference rite?
im not trying to start and argument or anything just sayin tnr and natural are pretty uch the same arnt they?

updated by @colbi-godlove: 07/23/15 03:35:59PM
SukiBug
@sukibug
14 years ago
16 posts

They look like they started as braids to me.

Personally, I think everyone's dread journey is what they make of it. *shrugs*

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form