Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Patience is a virtue!

Emily2
@emily2
14 years ago
17 posts
I was once a new natty dread. I definitely understand the want want want for my locks to be longer, sooner, NOW NOW NOW!But I feel the strong urge to remind those of you starting out is that TIME is the only factor here. There is little you can do to make your hair the way you want it NOW. My locks were not to the point that I 'wanted' them to be for years and years.Also, remember that the way hair locks is by falling out of your head! This takes time! Hairs can not lock down into the ends until it has detached from your scalp...this too takes nothing but time. Washing your hair can help some of the hairs detach as they naturally would come out in a hairbrush, and only then can they begin to pack down into the locks.Sometimes I look at the ends of my dreads and thing wow, that hair is 10 years old. It would have fallen out and gone down a drain somewhere almost a decade ago if I had not began to lock. But I digress. The point of this thread isIT TAKES TIME AND PATIENCE TO LOCK YOUR HAIR. No need for methods and products, just let your hair do it's thang!
updated by @emily2: 08/25/21 10:59:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well i agree completely but im not so sure how much hair shedding has to do with it acyualyme and several freinfds locked up naturaly in weeks by tangling not by hair falling outits true hairs that fall out stay in dreads but i dont think they cause dreads to dread reallyif u yie a knot in loose hair the above the knotsuneven in length that causes more knots to pile up untill its sa dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emily2
@emily2
14 years ago
17 posts
It doesn't cause the dreads, it causes LENGTH in the dreads
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Don't you mean width? As dreadlocks mature they shrink before they start getting longer. For some people dreadlocks go through more than one phase of shrinking. Emily said:
It doesn't cause the dreads, it causes LENGTH in the dreads
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form