dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread experiments!

Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Okay, here come the pictures.The crocheted dread:

The crocheted and waxed one (it doesn't look that different at all, I don't think I used enough wax)

The felted one (looks like hell!!!)

One from the control group (natural, started with tnr) Clearly looks the prettiest!

The crocheted ones feel really tight and scratchy, the felted one feels like a scouring pad, the natural one feels nice and soft, but obviously isn't as matted.Today they will face their first test - being washed!
updated by @pam-pomelo: 07/13/15 09:19:37AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yikes the felted 1 is nothing but broken hairs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Yep :( At least if it falls off it'll be a warning to people....
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
The felted ones looks a bit like mine...doh.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
someone should do an interlocking experiment toopeople need to be warned bout that as wellbut u already sacrificed enough Ava Natty said:
Yep :( At least if it falls off it'll be a warning to people....

--
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Yeah I'm definitely not doing that haha, the felting already scared the crap out of meand scarface, if you didn't felt yours and they still look like that, that's probably a good sign and just means they're mature. Cause the point of felting is to make the hairs look all broken and matted on the outside, just like a mature dread. The problem is, they break on the inside too, unlike in a mature dread where they're still intact on the inside but just matted on the outside.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im not certain but i think he maybe crochetted alot Ava Natty said:
Yeah I'm definitely not doing that haha, the felting already scared the crap out of me

and scarface, if you didn't felt yours and they still look like that, that's probably a good sign and just means they're mature. Cause the point of felting is to make the hairs look all broken and matted on the outside, just like a mature dread. The problem is, they break on the inside too, unlike in a mature dread where they're still intact on the inside but just matted on the outside.

--
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
I did some felting, but not that much. I have some weak sections that probalby happend because of felting, but overall they look and feel healthy. I think i could avtually hang in them from hooks in the celing. :P
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
SE: did that too, but they lost lost the crocheted look around half a year ago. Havent done anything too them since i discovered this forum, so about 2-3 months of "naturalizing"?
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
post more pics of ur dreads -- facial shots ok thnx bye

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form