@mommafirefly
6 years ago
10 posts
That’s just what my ends look like!
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

I tried to TnR my hair at first and within a couple of days half of them had completely unravelled so I undid the other half with my fingers and then just left them to dread naturally.

Honestly you don't even need to do the TnR. Just leave your hair alone and it will do it by itself.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

FemalePheromones:

I tried to TnR my hair at first and within a couple of days half of them had completely unravelled so I undid the other half with my fingers and then just left them to dread naturally.

Honestly you don't even need to do the TnR. Just leave your hair alone and it will do it by itself.

hers is to her butt and possibly prone to forming 4-6 huge dreads overnight or within days so tnr is a way to kind control hair that would dread like crazy and maybe get too crazy

i do think theres something to be said for doing 1 tnr a day and see what the 1st natural dread does before assuming  it will be  a massive matt

you should be able to tell what it might do  long before its  so knitted you cant get it out with fingers

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mommafirefly
@mommafirefly
6 years ago
10 posts
Yeah, I’m doing the tnr to try to have some control in the number of dreads I’ll have. I tried like hell to just neglect and wait, but every time I wind up with huge chunks matting up. If I were to let it go that route I’d wind up with a beaver tail. Haha.. I tried separating, but it just wasn’t working.
Btw, my first couple dreads are looping around the roots. I’d prefer to let them do what they wanna do, and not mess with them. I know I’ve read that crocheting them in is not a good idea... will the loops do their thing and then go back in or what? Haha
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
That is the same reason I decided against freeforming. My hair is very long and thick, and i was very afraid of one giant dread or just a few that I couldn't separate. I have found that my length has helped to keep them from untwisting completely, but they are very loose so I hope they lock nicely. I have also found that they are hungry little buggers and quick to try to eat each other, so I spend quite some time separating after every wash.

Loops are great! I have quite a few loops going on, especially near my roots. I believe it's a good indication that they are developing and "locking". Idk whether they will go back in or not? But I love my loops.♡ I guess they may work themselves back in at some point, but tbh I hope mine stick around.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

loops are essential to dreading almost all will suck in and become surface texture only..if your lucky a few of the craziest may leave a lil more then a bump behind to remind you how awesome they were

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
@mommafirefly I'm still stalking for updates. 😁

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form