Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

reasons not to use a dread kit from those whove used a dreadkit

Ismael Ordaz
@ismael-ordaz
12 years ago
2 posts

Come one people wax is great...here are a couple reasons to use it. I used KNOTTYBOY WAX for Two DAYS

I leaves wax on your Pillows, i attracts lint, dirt, and traps WATER, when you wash it out it stays on the bath tub floor..literally, makes your shirt SHINY, and the "DREAD KIT" only last a couple of days before you throw it away because you found out it Does Not Work...

updated by @ismael-ordaz: 07/23/15 07:50:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

kits primary function is to sit in a closet as a constant reminder that dreads are grown not made or bought

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Eagle, I know what I'm getting you foryourbirthday. ha!

Aika
@aika
12 years ago
57 posts

hahaha nice

Pippy Reaux
@pippy-reaux
12 years ago
4 posts

When I researched getting dreads a friend of mine had them and she had used wax. She went to do some relief work and because of the work conditions she was unable to keep spores, yuck, and everything else off of her hair. Most of this had to do with the wax holding it in/on. Once the relief work was done she tried and tried to clean her hair but was unable.

Wax wont allow a comb out and wash so off to the shaving of the head she went.

Prior to her story I was going to use wax because I wanted that instant affect. But then I met SOARING EAGLE and the rainbows and have fell in love with the idea of having clean residue free hair.

Besides who wouldn't want clean hair! I have loved all of the advice from this thread and have learned how to make my ownshampoo and conditioner. As of right now my baby dreads are under a month old but they feel great.

The person in question, who is ready to use the ready made kit and pay around 250ish for his locks ought to really re-think his decision.

But in the end we must sometimes learn on our own, it's your head and your hair.... The good peeps of dreadlockssite are just trying to help you not make a major mistake.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

one guy ion facebook used the kit the wax caused his scalp to be covered in dead skin and wax a fly layed eggs in the wax his scalp was covered in maggi=ots eating his scalp which became a bloddy puss covered mess after s==having he found maggots burrowing under his skin

a year later5 his hairs grown back aqnd hes planning on using a kit again

some ppl never learn even when maggi=ots eart their brain

i do thinjk wax somehow seeps into the brain and makes ppl dumber i dunno

--
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I'm so grateful for this site. I don't know too many people with dreads in real life *aside from one friend who just got them* and I had always heard you were supposed to use wax. Now thankfully, I won't make the mistakes so many others have and ruin my hair. You all rock! :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

glad to hear it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i had my dreads 5-8 years b4 i ever heaerd of waxsomething like 12-15 b4 i ever heard of backcombing and kits

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

was just reading the dread kit reviews here

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreadheadhq-and-knotty-boy-bad

1 had used the kit 8 months of waxing palm rolling rubber banding and they never progressed any further then they werre at on day 1

the hair in the wax was straight unknotted undreaded just glued togethr to look like dreads

by 8 months they shoulda been nearly mature

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form