Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dreadlock Shampoo Bars

Cam
@cam
13 years ago
12 posts

Hmmm... I've been looking for something like this for when I don't have time to do full BS/ACV or for when I'm travelling... I've read so many great things that it seems foolish to NOT order one for myself at this point! I'm not too familiar with the herbs, oils, etc. used in most of these scents though... Could someone help me decide which one to order for myself? I may just stick with peppermint since it's always been a favorite of mine, but I'm also feeling a bit adventurous.

Also, hi fellow Cameron!

updated by @cam: 07/10/15 06:01:32AM
Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

On her site she lists the benefits of the oils. Patchouli and Nag Champa are incredible. As long as your proud of smelling like hippie :) and yeah I go by Cam too man. Not too many of us haha and that's a good thing.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

ok went ahead and bought thepatchouliand dragons blood. let you all know how it is :)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

finally got my shampoo bar in the mail today. yay! super excited to try it out tomorrow. i got the dragons blood scent and it smells AMAZING! if this works with my stupid hard water then i'm going to order the nag champa and the patchouli. *fingers crossed*

Teresa
@teresa
13 years ago
6 posts

I ordered the spearmint eucalyptus bar, and today I got a package in the mail from Bucks County Soap Factory. Because they ran out of spearmint eucalyptus bars and the new ones they made won't be ready until next week, they sent me a dragon's blood bar as a gift to tide me over, along with samples and a soap saver.

The customer service is excellent, and smelling the dragon's blood bar now, I regret not ordering one before; it smells wonderful!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh yea shes awesome and shes very happy with how many of yas all have ordered already and when i finnish her shops i think she'll be very very busy they do take like a eek or so to cure when she makes em and ya been buying so many her stocks geting low haha so guess she'll be making alot more

i'm hoping to have both sites and shops ready by tuesday

its just takin lil longer then expected

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i don't know what it is but my hair must hate me. i tried the soap today and while the smell is the most amazing thing in the world i couldn't for the life of me get a lather going. not in my hands or on my head. i had the hardest time getting the soap down into my scalp. i felt like i was washing with conditioner. it rinses out really easily but now my hair feels soft and a couple of the new knots that had developed underneath are now gone. ugh:(

i had my little crying session. i guess i'll just have to stick to my bs washes for now until all my hair is locked up (which with my luck will be years from now).

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i was thinking maybe next time i'll just do my regular bs/sea salt wash and then after i rinse i'll run the bar over the top of my hair a little and then rinse really good again. i'll get the lovely smell from the bar but not too much conditioning.

grittyjane said:

Sorry to hear that Heather :( I think your water is really hard or something. I know it would be a pain but have you ever bought water for washing? I agree that the shampoo bar leaves the hair feeling a little conditioned...or in your case a lot conditioned. The second time I used it I did this: washed with the shampoo bar, soaked my hair in sea salt water for a few minutes, and then used the bar again. This seemed to take the edge off the conditioning effect.

Heather said:

i don't know what it is but my hair must hate me. i tried the soap today and while the smell is the most amazing thing in the world i couldn't for the life of me get a lather going. not in my hands or on my head. i had the hardest time getting the soap down into my scalp. i felt like i was washing with conditioner. it rinses out really easily but now my hair feels soft and a couple of the new knots that had developed underneath are now gone. ugh:(

i had my little crying session. i guess i'll just have to stick to my bs washes for now until all my hair is locked up (which with my luck will be years from now).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i'll have to ak her if she can make 1 thats less beer and add sea sat

the beer in em really made my dreads fee amazing still do

and when i washed only used a lil not even alotta lather on my scalp only just rubbed the bar on my head then rinsed and it just rinsed thru eazy and left my dreads clean n feelin amazin

heather what id honnestly do for u is

use that justa lil on your scalp

and rinse with sea salt wter

like 1/4 cup of salt in a bucket

in fact give yourself a rince like that now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

yeah, i was actually thinking of doing a sea salt rinse right now. the sun is still up so i would be able to sit outside and let it dry which will probably help, too.

do you think the beer is whats conditioning? i'm sure for your hair these bars are amazing but i still have a bunch of hair underneath that isn't knotted and it feels like i conditioned it.

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form