Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

EO Shampoo

Shawnee
@shawnee
13 years ago
19 posts

Has anyone heard of EO Shampoo? I was using this shampoo before I stopped brushing my hair and I just loved it. When I decided to start growing dreadlocks , I figured I'd go back to baking soda wash with a little bit of tea tree and lavender. That worked for my twist and rip dreads , and I only washed them about once a week (and I did it this often because I as a cigarette smoker at the time and my hair absorbed all that smoke, I have since quit). No residue, great smell, etc. I washed with just a tablespoon of baking soda to a few cups of water as my hair is not very long, and a few drops of tea tree and a few drops of lavender. For me, it seems, the less, the better. But I was scratching my head the other day, and I got all this nasty white residue under my finger nails. It was baking soda. So I hopped in the shower and rinsed with just water, scratched my scalp all over, and this seemed to get rid of it. For the next three days, I didn't wash. Then today, in a few spots on my scalp, mainly the front and just under my ears in the back, was more of this residue. So I figure this was dead skin. So I tried like 3 drops of Dr. Bronner's citrus formula to 3 cups of water. This didn't help. So I broke down and used my EO shampoo. It cleaned my scalp thoroughly and made me feel way better. Now I'm going to try to go until Friday without washing, as I have a wedding to go to on Friday. I am only 15 days into not brushing, and I don't even really have knots. I am afraid this shampoo might make my hair to soft, but it doesn't make it oily and it just cleans it so darn well! My question is this: Does anyone else use this EO brand shampoo? I am using the citrus kind, as I love citrus and I have heard that lemon juice really helps dreads. It's called Essential Oils, EO for short. It says that it is organic, for all hair types, and it is made from nothing but essential oils and herbal infusions. It seems a lot like Dr. Bronners, except it's more like a gel. It doesn't even lather nearly as much as Dr. Bronner's does, and it doesn't feel or look like it's leaving any residue. I think this may be the shampoo for me! Even if it means the process takes longer, I am not good at this experimenting thing of trying to balance baking soda and essential oils. And I don't like the idea of vinegar. So if anyone has heard of EO, and/or uses it themselves, can you give me some feedback?

updated by @shawnee: 02/14/15 07:51:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u dont use vinager bs wikl dry your scalp out causing mor dead dry skin thats what u were scraping off the ph was way off

i skipped the acv last tikme cause my neck was killin me and 4 days of itchy and yea all that crap on my scalp

today i washed but used twice the acv and let it soak twice as long

oh what an improvement!

i never tried the eo but sounds good ill try it oif i find it

whered u get it?

try the acv after bs i bet its a huge improvement

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

that shampoo sounds nice! try mixing a bit of bs with it. i found by doing that it makes the shampoo not leave my hair so soft plus it will give you a more deep clean. oh and just so you know i contacted dr. bronners and asked them what way they suggest using their liquid castile in hair and they said not to dilute it when using it in your hair. i was doing it wrong all along:)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

this one sounds good, too! it sound like dr. bronners but it says it works in hard or soft water.

http://www.eoproducts.com/Products/EO-Products-All-Purpose-Soap---Meyer-Lemon-16-oz__636874120621.aspx

it looks like whole foods carries this line.

Shawnee
@shawnee
13 years ago
19 posts

can i use white vinegar over acv? if not, i'll go out and buy some. and i don't know where the EO came from, my husband got it. if you google it, they have a website! would sea salt and warm water have the same effect as the vinegar?

Shawnee
@shawnee
13 years ago
19 posts

i've tried Dr. Bronners undiluted and it made my hair way too soft and oily.

Shawnee
@shawnee
13 years ago
19 posts

oh, i washed with my EO yesterday and now i have no separation or knots. how long should i go between washes? my friend ryan says he washes every couple weeks. that's too long for me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1-3 times a week but that maybe tioo conditioning then

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

white vinagers fine

salt no thart u cab add to the bs but wont help reset the ph

Shawnee said:

can i use white vinegar over acv? if not, i'll go out and buy some. and i don't know where the EO came from, my husband got it. if you google it, they have a website! would sea salt and warm water have the same effect as the vinegar?

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form