Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

whom loves wax??

Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
Yea, after I found this site I went on a de-waxing couple of days. A lot of it is out now, so its sorta frizzy. But its ok, once I start using the sea salt and the baking soda to clean and help my hair lock up. I will be ok.
updated by @angel: 07/16/15 09:45:13AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well the baking soda wont help alot with the frizzies cause extra clean hairs lil frizzy bjt youll learn to ignore it the cleanness is soo nice u wont mind fuzz but the salt will help and if need be use lil aloe

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
Ok, but do you think that with my hair being clean and such without the wax or cream the frizz would go away? Or will I always have frizz? Cause if so I won't even worry about them.
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
youll always have some frizz, but eventually the dreads will get tighter and some loose hair will find their way into a lock Angel said:
Ok, but do you think that with my hair being clean and such without the wax or cream the frizz would go away? Or will I always have frizz? Cause if so I won't even worry about them.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
there wont be enough to worry bout but wont ever go away completelybut tye frizz round the scalp..u want that..thats sunscreen and baby dreads weaiting to be born

--
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
Awesome, thanks guys.
Marianas Trench
@marianas-trench
15 years ago
20 posts
Yeah, I used (wax) for a long time. The 1st set of dreads I used religiously, the 2nd set less so, but I used for 9 or 10 months. I haven;t used wax since late august. Yeah, dreads get SOOOO heavy with wax weighing it down, but I spent an hour washing with dawn, then with baking soda sea salt and lemon juice, then with this citrus based solvent, and repeated that about 3 times. Did this in the sink and constantly changed the water, making sure it was piping hot to melt a lot of wax. Got a ton of wax out, my dreads are sooo much lighter now, but I suspect I will never get all the wax out. But yeah, when I'd wash, I'd have white spots where the wax was holding the soap in and I couldn't get it out, but now after extreme de-waxing, I don;t get those anymore, it doesn't hold the soap in. I am gonna try wax paper/iron this week sometime to try to get more out. NO WAX FOR ME! :)
Chevelle Trant
@chevelle-trant
15 years ago
33 posts
Wax is the worst thing you can do,, makes your dreads look like nasty molding candles hangin off your head,, i guess wax is ok if your emo and wanna have to shave em off in a year or two , but i like mine on my head and not full of goopy residue, Id like to be able to touch mine without my hands feeling like snot. maybe just me though
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm hows it great to glue hair into wax which yes makes a molded sticky mess but prevents the movement needed to actualy dread it slows the dreading to 1/3 so actual dreading takes 3 times longer all the effects you describe are simply an illusion and well hate to tell u this but hardly any came off on your hands most is still in there it simply does not wash outeven years later i bet if u do the wax removal u still get alot out and your dreads feel sa million times better (maybe even undreading some since theyre more stuck in wax then dreaded) Peter Hollingshead said:
I used wax for the first three months of my dreaded life, and in my experience, it worked great. I just a little smear of it between my fingers, much less than the suggested amount on dreadhead. after waxing my dreads, I would palm roll every day and the wax would get all over my hands, only now black because all the lint it attracted (gnarly, huh?). They would hold together very well and palm rolling with lots of pressure is what makes me think got my locks locked so quick because the hair would stick where I pressed it and get a longer chance to lock up. Most of the wax would come out on my hands in about two weeks and then I would re-wax. Then I just got sick of having that gross wax feeling and gnarly residue so I stopped using wax. Therefore, in conclusion, I think wax is great for getting things started if your willing to deal with gross wax.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh no never ofcourse not all my experience with weax is from helping wax victims recoveryou think it helps but it doesnt it hurts my hair dreaded itself naturaly with no effort no wazx in well was 20 years ago but it seemed like less then a week but might have been 2 weeksit woulda never dreaded nearly as fast if i waxed and rolled rubbed backcombed etc etci did touch wax to a beard dread once andthe sec it touched it i regretted it and spent literaly tears picking wax out of it..luckily that beard dread broke off Peter Hollingshead said:
have you ever used wax? I'm not trying to impose, I was just posting my personal experience.

soaringeagle said:
umm hows it great to glue hair into wax which yes makes a molded sticky mess but prevents the movement needed to actualy dread it slows the dreading to 1/3 so actual dreading takes 3 times longer all the effects you describe are simply an illusion and well hate to tell u this but hardly any came off on your hands most is still in there it simply does not wash out

even years later i bet if u do the wax removal u still get alot out and your dreads feel sa million times better (maybe even undreading some since theyre more stuck in wax then dreaded)

Peter Hollingshead said:
I used wax for the first three months of my dreaded life, and in my experience, it worked great. I just a little smear of it between my fingers, much less than the suggested amount on dreadhead. after waxing my dreads, I would palm roll every day and the wax would get all over my hands, only now black because all the lint it attracted (gnarly, huh?). They would hold together very well and palm rolling with lots of pressure is what makes me think got my locks locked so quick because the hair would stick where I pressed it and get a longer chance to lock up. Most of the wax would come out on my hands in about two weeks and then I would re-wax. Then I just got sick of having that gross wax feeling and gnarly residue so I stopped using wax. Therefore, in conclusion, I think wax is great for getting things started if your willing to deal with gross wax.

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form