Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlock sea salt locking accelerator

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u spray it on it doesnt really need to soak in and u definitely dont want to massage it into scalp u want it on hair only not scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/18/15 10:43:03PM
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
Ok thanks for the heads up.

soaringeagle said:
u spray it on it doesnt really need to soak in and u definitely dont want to massage it into scalp u want it on hair only not scalp
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
witch hazels often used as a scalp wash for those who think they shouldnt wash the hairwhen salons tell u to not wash for up to a year they tell u to use withch hazle to clean the scalp..i dunno if it would help as an accelerator but i imagine it coulsd..not sure ids wana thobut then again i never needed any aceleration when i choose to dread dreads just seemed to appear quicklybut i paid even less attention to time theni think i was 12 or 10 last time i wore a watch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Pretty sure you want to find straight non-iodized sea salt. I bought mine at a local grocery store. Not sure what size it was, like normal table salt size thing? (the cylinder you would refill a salt shaker with). Just Natural sea salt.Not sure if it was mentioned in this post but I wash my hair every 2-3 days and I do a light Salt spray every 2 days or so as well. I added teatree, rosemary, and lavender oil to my spray and it seems to soothe my scalp a a ton when I do the spray and holds back some itchies til I get around to washing. Squatting Buffalo said:
I got some sea salt last night but it says "Iodized Sea Salt" will it be ok? It was the only package of sea salt that was a big enough size. The other packages were tiny.
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
What happens if you use iodize salt as opposed to the non iodized?

Sister Rags said:
No, don't use iodized. It's okay if the other packages are tiny; you hardly need any salt to make your accelerator. Look in the gourmet foods section for kosher salt if you can't find sea salt.
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
Thank you :)

Sister Rags said:
Haha, I can't remember..only know that we did a group effort a while back about salt, and that iodized salt isn't a good one to use.*******Okay, wait - I believe that it wasn't the iodized salt that was the issue, but that most folks felt that sea salt or kosher salt worked better. If you do a search on this site for iodized salt, the threads will come up and you can learn more about salt than you ever thought you would : )
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
No, hypocricy in regards to using baking soda. Wikipedia: Sodium Bicarbonate In short it is a component of the mineral Natron and is found dissolved in many mineral springs. soaringeagle said:
well in that case yes it will help ya dread like crazy
make it about the same as sea water a dip in the ocean will do ya good any daywith dreads natural as can be is the rule, so as closely as u can imitate nature is bestif i was able to wash mine in a stream all the time i would (or waterfall would be heavenly)in nature u might pound the pulp out of some leaves to wash with so when u cant do that the best alternatives are herbs and oils from natural sources(i guess im maybe a hypocrite tho cause what the hecks baking soda made of? i dont think it grows on treees)
craig huckins
@craig-huckins
14 years ago
2 posts

soaringeagle said:
well in that case yes it will help ya dread like crazy
make it about the same as sea water
a dip in the ocean will do ya good anyday

with dreads natural as can be is the rule, so as closely as u can imitate nature is best
if i was able to wash mine in a stream all the time i would (or waterfall would be heavenly)
in nature u might pound the pulp out of some leaves to wash with so when u cant do that the best alternatives are herbs and oils from natural sources

(i guess im maybe a hypocrite tho cause what the hecks baking soda made of? i dont think it grows on treees)
LOL Not a Hypocrite soaring eagle... Baking Soda is Sodium Bicarbonate which is what most Marine organisms like corals, crabs etc. build their skeletons / exoskeletons / shells from, and it comes from calcium carbonate in sea water!!!!!
Kathleen1
@kathleen1
14 years ago
28 posts
Baking Soda, alias sodium bicarbonate, is a naturally occurring substance that is found in all living things, where it helps regulate their pH balance. ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda is made from soda ash, also known as sodium carbonate. To make ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda, the soda ash is mined in the form of an ore called trona. The soda ash is then dissolved into a solution through which carbon dioxide is bubbled and sodium bicarbonate precipitates out, forming "Pure, Safe and Natural"ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda. You remember that from chemistry class, don't you?from this site: http://www.armhammer.com/basics/magic/
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts

I heard that ARM & HAMMER baking soda isn't that good for your hair, as organic Baking soda is.

Kathleen1 said:

Baking Soda, alias sodium bicarbonate, is a naturally occurring substance that is found in all living things, where it helps regulate their pH balance. ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda is made from soda ash, also known as sodium carbonate. To make ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda, the soda ash is mined in the form of an ore called trona. The soda ash is then dissolved into a solution through which carbon dioxide is bubbled and sodium bicarbonate precipitates out, forming "Pure, Safe and Natural"
ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda. You remember that from chemistry class, don't you?

from this site: http://www.armhammer.com/basics/magic/

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form