Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread wax buildup and stiff old dreads.

Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts

My husband got his first set of dreadlocks in may 2008. He did use wax on them occasionally. After the birth of our child in april 2009 he had me cut his dreads off so he could restart wax free. I was asked to share some pictures of his dreads so here they are.side note: the dreads were very sticky and a little hard...they definitely did not feel natural at all.I will post again with more pics.

updated by @lindsay3: 02/14/15 10:57:40AM
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
Here are some more. I tore one of the ends open a little bit and tried to get a picture of the buildup.
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
okay one more :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 question if u hold 1 by the roots area and point the tip at the sky does it defy gravity and point straight up or does it droop normaly if its stiff enough to stand up can you take a pic standing up side bt side with an unwaxy dread of the same size?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
They waxy one stands straight up and the one with less wax drooped a little here are some pics
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
wow, those do not look healthy thats for sure.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
that shows pretty graphicly a stiff waxy dread versus a semi stiff waxy dread would be nice to have a nice soft wax free dread comparison toobut it sure proves how stiff they can be and honnestly they dont look nearly as waxy as most wax dreads do Lindsay said:
They waxy one stands straight up and the one with less wax drooped a little here are some pics

--
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
Yea they are not as waxy as a lot I am sure. I hid his wax after a while bc I couldnt stand him using it lol. Most of them are pretty waxy so I dont really have one to compare them to unless I took a picture of one that he has now.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well that would work would show the difference between light wax medium wax and no wax stiffnessit really confuses me that anyone would ever still defend wax use

--
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
Confuses me too. Especially since it doesnt come out after washing eww... soaringeagle said:
well that would work would show the difference between light wax medium wax and no wax stiffness

it really confuses me that anyone would ever still defend wax use
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form