chemistry...and logic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 12:35:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how are they given fre choice when they are lied to? you and others like you tell them bold faced lies like wax helps dreads like you need wax to dreade like it washes right out like you wont get a job if u hsave any loose hairsdo you ever tell any of your clientsthat the best healthiest and longest lasting dreads are all natural? do you watn them thst almost all waxy dreads get cut off in under 5 years?there is no free choice when your lied tothis site is about free choice and every single 1 of us rejected wax because we rejected the liesyou are teachhing lies that dont allow for free choice that is plenty to be angry about you are perpetuating the lies that harm thousands of dreads daily and we have to deal with the heartbreak when dreads need to be cut and started over after beingf screwed up by wax ansd salons Altered_alex said:
Hi There
That is your opinion and valid. I wonder why you become angry about it though. Surely it is upto an individual to have free choice. Like any hair cut there are different ways to go about it. We find using products give excellent long lasting results as our returning customers can testify to.

Sister Rags said:
I find myself feeling angry about this subject - then I feel bad because I feel angry. But maybe the anger is a good thing ultimately, because I feel more strongly inspired to let folks know that dreads are not something you BUY.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they even tell you to use wax in natural dreads.. they will tell any lie they can to sell productsand you are passing on theyre lies as fact as education http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive there is real dread education real facts every one of the facts dhhq promotes is false ..pure lies and mythssmearring wax in hair to make dreads is like starting a fire to make it rain then expecing to get paid for everytime it rainsyour taking credit for what nature does itself and doing nothing to make it rain(or dread_) your just adding polution to the air (hair)

--
Klete
@klete
14 years ago
47 posts
Well said Knotty!! I think all were asking for here is to be honest. Give them the options that are available. If they want short term dreads that look like candles then by all means let them go for it. But, if their looking for beautiful long lasting dreads that will last forever with little or no work, then be honest and tell them the TRUTH!! I think you'll be surprised at how much you'll be respected. Show them pictures of waxed dreads and natural dreads, let them choose on their own with a choice Knottysleeves said:
Well, this was quite the discussion to wake up to this morning. ;-)

I don't know if Alex is still here after the roasting he got in this thread, but... I've had a waxed set of dreads and a non-waxed set, so I'm speaking from experience when I say that the waxed set developed slower (MUCH slower, and I used the wax very sparingly) and once I stopped waxing after a year and the dreads grew, there was an obvious visual demarcation between the waxed and non-waxed portions of each dread.

The only short-term "benefit" I gained from wax was that the dreads did look more formed and less messy... but the key word is "looked". The wax kept them together but prevented them from actually locking up. Compare that to my non-waxed set, which looked messy for awhile but started knotting up almost immediately. They're almost 2 years old now and they are SO much more mature than my waxed set was at 2 years.

Everyone's dread journey is their own and I'm not going to judge anyone who wants dreads for fashion reasons (or any other reasons). But Alex, I think you owe it to all your clients to be honest & upfront about how wax works and what its long-term consequences are, rather than just repeating DHHQ's tired marketing bullshit about "retaining memory" and such. The only thing that can force hair into permanently retaining its shape or position is chemicals -- ie., a perm. That's why it's called a permanent. ;-) All wax does is hold tangles together. THAT'S IT. Can we all please be honest and just admit this, rather than making pseudo-scientific claims that defy the laws of chemistry?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ALEXI DARE U TO WAYCH HIS WAX DEFFENDING VIDS , BUT NO DONT WATCH THEM UNLESS U ONLY WAYCH HOW HIS DREADS DO NOT MOVE AT ALL INSRTEAD JUST LISTEN AND WRITE DOWN EVERY POINT HE TRIES TO MAKE, THEN DRAW LINES CONNECTING THE POINTS THAT CONTRADICT EACHOTHER IF YOU DO THAT YOU WILL SEE THAT ABSOLUTELY EVERUTHING HE STATES IN THAT VID HE CONTRADICTS IN THE SAME SERIES OF VIDSHOW CAN U DENY HES LYING WHENJ HES ARGUING BOTH SIDES OF AN ARGUMENT AND JUST THROWING UP FLASHY GRAPHICS HOPING THAT YOUR TOO STINESD TO NOTICEEXAMPLES WAXY DREADS DONT FEEL WAXY--- CONTRADICTION EVEN I DONT LIKE TOUCHING MY WAXY FEEKING DREADS SO BUY DREAD BUTTA SO Y WONT FEEL WAXYWAX DOESNT BUILD UP IN DREADS CAUSE YOU ONLY PUT IT ON THE OUTSIDE AND IT WASHES RIGHT OUT (MULTO CONTRADICTIONS WAX SOESNT TRAP DIRT CAUSE ITRS DEEP IN THE CIRE .. WAX HELPS DREADS SURVIVE WASHING BECAUSE IT HOLDS DRESDS TOGETHER (IT MUST NOT WASH OUT THEN RIGHT?)WAX DOESNT TRAP DIRT BUT IT WILL IF U PUT IT ON A WALL BUT NOT INSIDE A DREAD (AGAIN WHY IS WAXC INSIDE A DREAD IF IR A WASHES OUT B DIOESNT PENETRATE AND C WHY DOES IT NOT TRAP DIRT INSIDE DREADS?WAX DOESNT MAKE DREADS STICKY THEN POINTS OUT A DREAD STUCK TO HIS FACEITS ALL CONTRADICTIONS ...HES A VERY POOR LYER BUT HES GOOD AT MAKING YOU FEEL STUPID IF U DONT BELIEVE THE LIES

--
Altered_alex
@altered-alex
14 years ago
10 posts
Hi Guysyes im still around despite the roasting i'm getting which i do think is a little unfair as my whole life is dreads and making them nice. I do accept a lot of what you say and will be careful to say use sparingly. When i do customers hair i put wax on to begin with and recommend they wax once or twice a month. You will disagree with this but everyone is entitled to opinions.The real clincher for me and considering i have done HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of dreads is when people come to me for maintenance for the first time most of the time their dreads are a complete matted mess from root to end. After a maintenance session with me and yes advice on some products their dreads look great. Then when they return for a tidy say 6months, a year later their dreads look fine the only work needed is tidying up their roots. The rest of their dread is smooth light and spongey not heavey and waxey.Another point is when i tidy my own roots with a crotchet hook i put a small cuff of wax on and a rubber band for a week. When the rubber band comes off the wax is pretty much unoticable and the roots stay tidied. If i do not put wax on i find the loose hair quickly comes back out.I have added a note about this on my site see http://www.alteredstatesuk.com/product_info.php?products_id=43 and http://www.alteredstatesuk.com/product_info.php?products_id=355 And lastly if a customer asks me not to use wax then i respect their opinion.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its a start but againlook at what you just saidyou fix your roots woth crochet..completely unesacary anfd very harmful, you add wax because without wax the loose hairs come back quicklysooo whaTS THAT SAY? YOUR LOOSE HAIIRS ARE JUST GLUESD INTO PLACE! CROCHET CAUSES LOOSE HAIRS..YOUR BREAKING HAIR WITH EVERY HOLE U POKEYOU ALSO SAY THEYRE DREADS "LOOK NEAT AND SMOOTH"AND HOW AFTER A MONTH THEY ARE A COMPLETE MATTED MESS (emphasis on mess) this is not normal and proof again that all your doing is smasshing hair into waxdrewads should not be "neat and smooth"this is how dreads should look

they should be covered in texture lups bumps zigs and zagsperfect smooth dreads means they are molded into waxat 1 month they should look approximately like this

your lil warning statement still ckaims wax helps new dreads and works like magicaand it claims wax can be simoply washed ouitboth false statementsin order for that to be acceptible it must say(Please note we have experienced some passionate views about wax being harmful to dreads. We agree wax use is completely unnecessary !! Wax is not neccesary on any dreads and can be harmful as it can build up and make them heavy and waxey.However if used sparingly as in our hairdressing service wax is an option for new dreads and for holding hair in place after maintenance. it is not a good option but we still offer it for those who simply cannot understand that some loose hairs are perfectly normal and that hair should not be'held in place" but instead have free and full movement in order to lock properly. If you do feel a waxey build up stop using it. Washing dreads over time shampoo and hot water will NOT correct this. THE ONLY WAY TO REMOVE WAX EFFECTIVELY IS THROUGH EXTREME EFFORT INCLUDING EXCESSIVE AND DANGEROUSE HEAT ABOVE THE TEMP THAT WILL CAUSE INJURY TO SKIN AND SCALP, EXCESSIVE SCRUBBING WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF SOAP LIKE DAWN SISH SOAP, AND, DISSOLVING WITH A INSDUSTRIAL STRENGTH BUT SAFE AND NATURAL SOLVANT LIKE GOO GONE OR DISSOLVE IT. HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN MULTIPLE REPEATTED ATTEMPTS AT ALL 3 METHODS WILL NEVER GURANTEE COMPLETE REMOLVAL)only a completely honnest statement is acceptible Altered_alex said:
Hi Guys
yes im still around despite the roasting i'm getting which i do think is a little unfair as my whole life is dreads and making them nice. I do accept a lot of what you say and will be careful to say use sparingly. When i do customers hair i put wax on to begin with and recommend they wax once or twice a month. You will disagree with this but everyone is entitled to opinions.The real clincher for me and considering i have done HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of dreads is when people come to me for maintenance for the first time most of the time their dreads are a complete matted mess from root to end. After a maintenance session with me and yes advice on some products their dreads look great. Then when they return for a tidy say 6months, a year later their dreads look fine the only work needed is tidying up their roots. The rest of their dread is smooth light and spongey not heavey and waxey.Another point is when i tidy my own roots with a crotchet hook i put a small cuff of wax on and a rubber band for a week. When the rubber band comes off the wax is pretty much unoticable and the roots stay tidied. If i do not put wax on i find the loose hair quickly comes back out.I have added a note about this on my site see http://www.alteredstatesuk.com/product_info.php?products_id=43 and http://www.alteredstatesuk.com/product_info.php?products_id=355 And lastly if a customer asks me not to use wax then i respect their opinion.

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i think you should take a look at this thread http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/new-to-dreading you should notice most people are looking for real dreads not fake manufactured dreads but are being tought both that real dreads are undesirable and only fake dreads acceptableand that all dreads must be made and must be subjected to multiple products and hundreds of hours of work (and lots of money too)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
there you have your evidence 1 head wax dreads TOOK LONGER TI DREAD then unwaxed in the same head.. and thats only 1 applicationits like ui tell you wax slows dreading unless your just gluing hair into a wax core\you cant argue with that ecvidence ..side by side dreads in exacttly the same hair type

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and did they not dread faster without wax? Jeremy Richardson said:
About 2 years ago I started dreadlocks... I got all my information from Jonny Clean. Huge mistake... I used wax anytime my dreads had even a single loose hair. It tortured my scalp. It was always dry, flaky, and itchy as all get out. Not to mention my hair started falling apart and anytime there wasn't a ton of wax in them the dreads wouldn't stay. They also smelled terrible. So after months of trying to keep them going, I gave up. I hopped in the shower, grabbed some conditioner, grabbed a comb and went at it. The horrors of dread wax kept me from trying again for a long time. This time around I'm not using any wax. My dreads look and feel 10 times better.

--

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form