Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq scores an F rating with the better business bureau

Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
"Use responsibly" is the same cover-your-ass bullsnot he uses for his wax. People who are harmed are "addicted" to wax.
updated by @ryan-emmel: 07/12/15 02:24:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its his way of escaping blameuse this but don't overuse this.. oh wait you were harmed by using it u must have overused it never admitting that any use is overuse since it should never be used to begin with

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
He also states in part B of the wax controversy videos that the wax will wash out. I want to ask him where he gets his information because there is enough easily accessible information to prove otherwise....that is unless you want to dunk your head in ether.The vegetable oil used to suspend the wax washes out, the wax stays.Always find references =D http://lipidbank.jp/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?id=WWA2101
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wax by defonition is hydrophobic it repells warer wax by design is meant to not wash offwhen yiou wax your car a thin layer bufffed almost enturely off it will stay on for a year..on smooth metal inside a dread its much harder to wash ouitin the vid they say the purpose of using wax is so your dreads cajn survive washing without falling aparthopw can wax both keep a dread together through washings...and wash right out.. to prevent a dread from falling apart while washing the wax must remain in the dread through the washing..contradictions are johnys m.o.

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I did however find out that vegetable oil works as a solvent for beeswax. If anyone cares to try this and post how well it works it might just be the trick everyone is looking for.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its also used to take out dreads and since dreads might not be dreaded but just glued together it might really unravel them alot....but..still worth trying Anubis said:
I did however find out that vegetable oil works as a solvent for beeswax. If anyone cares to try this and post how well it works it might just be the trick everyone is looking for.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
cut..and shred..not only is the tip extremely sharp, but the sides have barbs Roxanne Berg said:
Wow, I hope it isn't actually a felting needle. They are VERY sharp and will not break hair, they will cut it. Felting needles are used (properly) with a backing because they're so sharp they'll damage a table or surface that you felt on.

soaringeagle said:
from the description it is a felting needle and

With great power comes great responsibility!

Dread Safety:

The idea of releasing hair inside the dread seems to run contrary to good dread maintenance. I felt the same way, but after working with these techniqes and seeing how the dreads have responded over time, it is clear that it doesn't harm the dreads if it's done responsibly. Please review the following info before using the Lock-Docta:

Dread Strength:
In general dreadlocks are much stronger than they need to be. If a section of dead has 400 hairs and 20 are released it still retains 95% of it's original strength. Unless you are stress testing your dreads to the point of breakage you'll never notice a 5% change in the strength of the dread.

Considering this fact it is easy to understand how releasing hair in very thin dreads will effect them very differently. If a section of dread only has 50 hairs and you release 20 you've cut it's strength by 40%. In this case it would be better to leave them be. For this reason the Lock-Docta is not reccommended for dreads that are less than a 1/4" in diameter.

Actual Breakage and Repair:
In a worst case scenario someone may ignore all warnings and poke a dread until it's weakend to the point of breaking. If this occurred it possible to re-combine the portion of the dread that had been pulled off. With the help of some proper Lock-Doctoring the dread could be seamlessly repaired and no sign of repair would be visible. I'm not suggesting that you do this, I'm simply making the point that it is possible to make that type of repair.

so he admits it does cause weakness however ui think hes greatly underestimatung the damage caused

in a 1 inch thick dread the hairs are so twisted and wrapped around eachother that using the tool on 1 inch of surface area can break 100% of the hairs without having to poke through the entire dread
so imagine doing 4 1/4 inch lumps
or for that matter 100 small areas of loose hairs
i wouldnt doubt using it once would reduce strength by 50%

and what the hells he mean dreads are stronger then they need to be?
i find dreads on the floor all the time and mine are extremely healthy, theres no such thing as stronger then they need to be

he admits it does cause weakness but acts like that dont matter..
go ahead loose your dreads at least you'll look good till they fall off

hassnt he found enough ways to harm dreads

--
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
14 years ago
81 posts
The melting point of beeswax is 60-67degC(140-152.6 deg F). It DOES melt in hot water. The link you posted says that during the cleaning process of beeswax(not dreads!) "....it is washed repeatedly in the molten state by adding hot water..."I'm not in any way trying to support wax, but this is the info I got from the link. I don't support ANY hair "Products" and fucking hate douchebags like JC. Anubis said:
He also states in part B of the wax controversy videos that the wax will wash out. I want to ask him where he gets his information because there is enough easily accessible information to prove otherwise....that is unless you want to dunk your head in ether.
The vegetable oil used to suspend the wax washes out, the wax stays. Always find references =D http://lipidbank.jp/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?id=WWA2101
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
to raise wax to s temp of 140 to melt it you need a water temp higher then 140 and a duration long enough to bring the wax to the melting pointtry heatting water to say 160 put youir hand in it and see how long you can handle itwikki says skin will burn at 130so wax must be hotter then the temp to injure u to remove it PoopiePants said:
The melting point of beeswax is 60-67degC(140-152.6 deg F). It DOES melt in hot water. The link you posted says that during the cleaning process of beeswax(not dreads!) "....it is washed repeatedly in the molten state by adding hot water..."

I'm not in any way trying to support wax, but this is the info I got from the link. I don't support ANY hair products(dreadlock or otherwise). And fucking hate douchebags like JC.

Anubis said:
He also states in part B of the wax controversy videos that the wax will wash out. I want to ask him where he gets his information because there is enough easily accessible information to prove otherwise....that is unless you want to dunk your head in ether.
The vegetable oil used to suspend the wax washes out, the wax stays.
Always find references =D
http://lipidbank.jp/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?id=WWA2101

--
BubbleGumWhat!?!
@bubblegumwhat
14 years ago
8 posts
exploiting is bad intentions.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags