Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq scores an F rating with the better business bureau

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm your right i thought the other thread it was posted in said 888 oo but i see the complaints were that the product wasnt what was ordered and the other they never got delivery i dont think the bbb rates based on bad products at all only oncustomer servicei supose consumer reports would never revue something like thatwell bbb aside we know of secveral members who attempted to return products and they refused to accept returnsid have to search through alot of posts to find them though

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:02:13PM
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
I didn't mean to imply that everyone was out of line! But the only ones that really stand out are the really angry ones. breeze said:
I responded to what was posted.......I think any company whether right or wrong should have to explain to the public why they have so many complaints.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
breeze why do some of your replies have such a huge gap between what u type and the quoted part from post you reply to?

--
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Check out the the companies return policy. If I may say so, it is the worst I have seen. (Bolding and Italics added for emphasis)
To avoid returns we suggest you ask about any product of which you are unsure of before placing an order. If merchandise is defective, damaged or unwanted upon receiving your order please contact us immediately after your package arrives. All claims MUST be made within 3 days of receiving your order. Returned products must be unused for a refund. There is a $5.00 restocking fee on all returned packages. This is used to pay for paperwork. All returned products are discarded, we do not reuse returned products. So please only return products if necessary. We cannot credit any shipping fees. We cannot accept any returns after 30 days. You must get a RMA number to send your package back. RMA stands for Returned Merchandise Authorization. If you return a package without an RMA number you will be charged a $3.00 RMA Fee. You can get an RMA number by filling out this form If you ordered using a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express we can issue the refund to your credit card. If you ordered by mail we can issue your refund by check with a $1 service fee.We can only accept returns on the following conditions:1. The item has not been used.2. All parts, accessories, cards, instructions, etc. are enclosed.3. The item was not purchased more than 30 days before.4. You have an RMA number.Returns take about a week to go through processing. You are responsible for paying for the shipping charges on returning packages.Shipping Instructions For Returning MerchandiseAfter you get an RMA number from us you should put your RMA number on the outside of the box. You should send the package to us through the US Post office and get a delivery confirmation and insurance if you need to. We are not responsible for package sent to the wrong address that never arrive, or damaged packages."
I am confused......1. Unused products are accepted for refund and a restocking fee is charged. However they discard all returned products.2. They give you three days to make a claim. However you have 30 days to return the product at your own expense.3. All the possible fees: What is the point of trying to get full refund if a customer doesn't get the entire purchase price.
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
Here's a good question to ask him on his Vlog:Would you say the Dread Docta is more or less harmful than using a felting needle?If he says it's less damaging, you can ask what the difference is.If he says they're the same, he's reducing demand for his own product.You could also ask how the Docta "releases" the hair causing squiggles. Won't breaking hairs weaken the dreadlock? Can the Docta be used without causing damage?These have to be multiple stage traps, like mothaF-Socrates. He's a slippery snakeoil slinger.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
from the description it is a felting needle andWith great power comes great responsibility!Dread Safety:The idea of releasing hair inside the dread seems to run contrary to good dread maintenance. I felt the same way, but after working with these techniqes and seeing how the dreads have responded over time, it is clear that it doesn't harm the dreads if it's done responsibly. Please review the following info before using the Lock-Docta:Dread Strength:In general dreadlocks are much stronger than they need to be. If a section of dead has 400 hairs and 20 are released it still retains 95% of it's original strength. Unless you are stress testing your dreads to the point of breakage you'll never notice a 5% change in the strength of the dread.Considering this fact it is easy to understand how releasing hair in very thin dreads will effect them very differently. If a section of dread only has 50 hairs and you release 20 you've cut it's strength by 40%. In this case it would be better to leave them be. For this reason the Lock-Docta is not reccommended for dreads that are less than a 1/4" in diameter.Actual Breakage and Repair:In a worst case scenario someone may ignore all warnings and poke a dread until it's weakend to the point of breaking. If this occurred it possible to re-combine the portion of the dread that had been pulled off. With the help of some proper Lock-Doctoring the dread could be seamlessly repaired and no sign of repair would be visible. I'm not suggesting that you do this, I'm simply making the point that it is possible to make that type of repair.so he admits it does cause weakness however ui think hes greatly underestimatung the damage causedin a 1 inch thick dread the hairs are so twisted and wrapped around eachother that using the tool on 1 inch of surface area can break 100% of the hairs without having to poke through the entire dreadso imagine doing 4 1/4 inch lumpsor for that matter 100 small areas of loose hairsi wouldnt doubt using it once would reduce strength by 50%and what the hells he mean dreads are stronger then they need to be?i find dreads on the floor all the time and mine are extremely healthy, theres no such thing as stronger then they need to behe admits it does cause weakness but acts like that dont matter..go ahead loose your dreads at least you'll look good till they fall offhassnt he found enough ways to harm dreads

--
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
His BS statistics assume that you will only break the hairs causing squiggles. I don't think that's remotely possible.My questions were rhetoric. I just want to put him in a tough spot. I'm sure he doesn't want people to know he's selling an old tool with a new name.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
look at his "head honcho"a comb to stimulate the scalp and prevent itcheslike your fingernails arent good enough

--
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
His other dreading tool is a latch hook--a craft tool for making carpet.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
he mreans be a responcible customer and buy 1 of every useless thing he sellswe are talkimg about a guy who sells shirt sleeves for more then the value of the whole shirt

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form