Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq scores an F rating with the better business bureau

PoopiePants
@poopiepants
14 years ago
81 posts
I really don't want anyone reading this to think they should try wax in their hair, but you can dunk a dread in suitably heated water without burning your skin. I didn't say it was safe though, just said it can be done. 3rd degree burns anyone?? soaringeagle said:
to raise wax to s temp of 140 to melt it you need a water temp higher then 140 and a duration long enough to bring the wax to the melting point
try heatting water to say 160 put youir hand in it and see how long you can handle it wikki says skin will burn at 130 so wax must be hotter then the temp to injure u to remove it PoopiePants said:
The melting point of beeswax is 60-67degC(140-152.6 deg F). It DOES melt in hot water. The link you posted says that during the cleaning process of beeswax(not dreads!) "....it is washed repeatedly in the molten state by adding hot water..."

I'm not in any way trying to support wax, but this is the info I got from the link. I don't support ANY hair products(dreadlock or otherwise). And fucking hate douchebags like JC. Anubis said:
He also states in part B of the wax controversy videos that the wax will wash out. I want to ask him where he gets his information because there is enough easily accessible information to prove otherwise....that is unless you want to dunk your head in ether.
The vegetable oil used to suspend the wax washes out, the wax stays.
Always find references =D http://lipidbank.jp/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?id=WWA2101

updated by @poopiepants: 07/23/15 12:49:11PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
om amazed we havent heard of anyone being severely burned PoopiePants said:
I really don't want anyone reading this to think they should try wax in their hair, but you can dunk a dread in suitably heated water without burning your skin. I didn't say it was safe though, just said it can be done. 3rd degree burns anyone??

soaringeagle said:
to raise wax to s temp of 140 to melt it you need a water temp higher then 140 and a duration long enough to bring the wax to the melting point
try heatting water to say 160 put youir hand in it and see how long you can handle it wikki says skin will burn at 130 so wax must be hotter then the temp to injure u to remove it PoopiePants said:
The melting point of beeswax is 60-67degC(140-152.6 deg F). It DOES melt in hot water. The link you posted says that during the cleaning process of beeswax(not dreads!) "....it is washed repeatedly in the molten state by adding hot water..."

I'm not in any way trying to support wax, but this is the info I got from the link. I don't support ANY hair products(dreadlock or otherwise). And fucking hate douchebags like JC. Anubis said:
He also states in part B of the wax controversy videos that the wax will wash out. I want to ask him where he gets his information because there is enough easily accessible information to prove otherwise....that is unless you want to dunk your head in ether.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it truly baffles the mindi just looked it up too and its virtualy the same as the dissolve it i suggested which is mostly orange oil2 bottles? it took that much? ive used this syuff and a few drops dissolved tar cauklt glues of every type tape adhesives you name itknotty you should go through the members list and send each a lil note sating something like.. dont be fooled wax is not great and can be devastating learn the reakl truth at www.dreadlockssite.com from people who are not proffiting from scamming youand post a link to the wax removal threads or any others u think appropriatealso mention that 2/3 of our members had to cut off waxy dreads to start over wax free

--
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
14 years ago
81 posts
Goo Gone is great for removing the sticky crud left over from price tags, and getting chewing gum off your shoe. It might even work getting wax out of dreads(I will never know for sure), but if it is safe and does work I hope the people that do wax spend the 5 bucks on it instead of another jar of wax. I got a great laugh out of that page. Dread "Products" seem so pretentious to me. Knottysleeves said:
For laughs, you might also enjoy the posts and pictures in DHHQ's facebook group, ironically titled "The truth about Dreadhead Dread Wax : Setting the Record Straight"
Here's a discussion thread from someone who recommends using a chemical solvent called "Goo Gone" to remove wax from dreads: http://www.facebook.com/# !/topic.php?uid=210691366729&topic=10770In their last post they say "ive used 2 bottles of the stuff on my dreads in the past 7 months" but in a post further up the page, they insist "wax is great" and helpfully advises over-waxers to "use goo gone like shampoo for a few days and you can start all over again until u figure out the balance".... So, use a sticky and impossible-to-measure-properly product in your hair to hold your non-locking dreads together, then use an industrial solvent to get rid of it and start all over again? WHERE DO I SIGN UP? The logic is truly baffling.
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
14 years ago
81 posts
And I'm not responsible for anyone that is burned after reading any of my posts!! soaringeagle said:
om amazed we havent heard of anyone being severely burned

PoopiePants said:
I really don't want anyone reading this to think they should try wax in their hair, but you can dunk a dread in suitably heated water without burning your skin. I didn't say it was safe though, just said it can be done. 3rd degree burns anyone??

soaringeagle said:

fayes uraro
@fayes-uraro
11 years ago
2 posts

I've seen the link and there's a lot of complain. But well, is there any updates today? The Southern California chapter of the Better Business Bureau has been removed from the national consumer protection group. Supposedly, the organization's representative in the Los Angeles area was only giving high ratings to those businesses that paid for a membership. For more than 100 years, the BBB has been the most trusted of consumer protection groups. Now who can customers put their trust in?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

us

the consumers who post real reviews here

google dreadheadhq reviews our page of reviews should come up 1st theres page after page of real reviews

not 1 edited

not 1 good

--

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form