Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr Bronner's Feedback

Pisces
@pisces
14 years ago
7 posts
Im probably as far away from you as north americianly possible haha. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada I have a bunch of workshops ill be doing mid march through September. Anyone who wants to do them is welcome to come and do them. We have a group up for people who are interested in purchasing communal land just for this purpose. It can end up being super cheap to live and build if the group is big enough and is dedicated. Id be interested in chipping in on land anywhere that isnt cold as hell. Even more interested if it was close to the ocean. Anyways feel free to join our group. I want to set up a meeting with all the group members sometime this week. If we can get a few more!! Cheers BossLadyJenee said:
yes yes yes! i want to learn how to do this! i dont know where your located now, but i live in south west florida... i would love to get this started down here! please let me know, because this is tooo awesome.

Pisces said:
I built the whole thing myself. My 2100 square foot home cost me $9800 the land was $20,000 . I read the books i had friends help me 1 electrician and 1 plumber come in and give a hand. Local companies donated windows, tires, cans, dirt, wiring and pipe. I made my own adobe mixture with hay. It took me over a year to build it. Im building another one not to far away for a client. But then im going to british columbia to build next to the lake. Ill probably at that point sell this one or rent it out. Im not sure. Anyone whos in my area is welcome to stop by and pound tires and learn how to build an earthship! just message me here and ill let you know what the building dates are!
+

soaringeagle said:
damn i want an earthsip!!! i want to know everytingu build it yourself? how im so in love with the earthsip idea

updated by @pisces: 07/13/15 01:50:16PM
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
Hahah, don't need to no dreadhead HQ marketing scam to feel good.Only pure water.If you want, add some Dr. Bronners and you'll be fine.
Flicker Wings
@flicker-wings
14 years ago
20 posts
You have to be careful when useing Bronners, I kept effing up in the beginning by useing too much-which was making my dreads come loose or not rinseing it enough made my hair oily. I stoped useing the bottle one because it just never really worked with keeping my hair clean, but I switched to the bar soap and I love it.
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
It's not so bad as a toothpaste--I used tea tree on my teeth. It works really well if you add some baking soda.
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
I've heard about the tea-tree being good for mouth wash and such, sounds good.
Ras Arcana
@ras-arcana
14 years ago
2 posts
I was using the bronners as toothpaste for a few days I wasnt home on vacation. It tastes very vegetably to say the least, but my teeth did feel extremely clean Personal Jesus said:
honestly the worst idea for this soap is to use it as toothpaste omg it taste soooooooooo bad but hmmm then again my teeth did feel cleaner haha. but as a shampoos this stuff is amazing i have used it 5 times now and still havent made a dent in the bottle the orange scented one is awesome :D look at the happy face it is happy ROAR hahaha
cody1886
@cody1886
14 years ago
97 posts
I only use dr b ocasionly because i feel it conditions my hair but when i need a deep cleansing wash i use it
mary freeman
@mary-freeman
14 years ago
2 posts
I like the smell of Dr. Bronner's, but i noticed my scalp wasn't as squeaky clean as it was when i just used regular ol' suave clarifying shampoo- cost a little over a buck. I still plan on using the bron for those days when I wanna smell like a candy cane!
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint all the way! We have soft water and I dilute the heck out of it. Never noticed a residue issue, but then my hair is dry so it probably just soaks it up! I alternate between that and BS/ACV wash. LOVE the smell first thing in the morning!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
^some more info on that,hard/soft water issues may affect how well they work, in florida I haven't seen anyone say it caused build ups, I myself have largely used nothing but the dr bronners,Ive seen a couple people say they just use water to, I've gone maybe a week and a half on just water but,,, not for me, I can understand though that if your scalp has gotten used to being that way long enough, that you could just wash with water for a long time IF your hair didn't accumulate tons of sweat and wasn't exposed to crap that could get caught in your hair.since thats incredibly rare to be in a position where that wouldn't happen for a long period of time,, wash your hair with something, lol

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form