Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr Bronner's Feedback

Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
First, the soap. I use it regularly, but not frequently. Sometimes it leaves residue, or doesn't seem to clean up my oiliness. It does, however, handle heavy-duty soiling. I don't need it for regular oil/grime. Additionally, it seems to condition my hair, which is unhelpful for me at this point in time.As for the lady, if her hair was unravelling from a simple wash, then it probably wasn't very well locked. Maybe Johnny Clean taught her how to do her dreads. Clean has based his business upon the assertion that those who do not use his products are dirty, uninformed, or misled. People who buy his crap must either believe that they are superior, or face the possibility that they were tricked by a salesman who pretended to be their buddy.As a species, we are more inclined to shut our eyes and insist we are right.
updated by @ryan-emmel: 07/11/15 06:19:27AM
Pwntus
@pwntus
14 years ago
47 posts
i dont have dreads yet but ive neglecting for a few weeks now using Dr. Bronners Bar soap (Tea tree). I havnt noticed any residue in my hair or anything. and the smell is nice =D
Pisces
@pisces
14 years ago
7 posts
i used to use DHhq soap. I use dr bronners 12/1 diluted. I use the peppermint and add oils because i prefer the peppermint smell. I have soft water and it does eem to condition a bit much sometimes. I do like the baking soad but the plants in my earthship dont seem to care for the baking soda water.The do however grow fine with the doctor bronners greywater. I might just end up rerouting my shower to the grey water tank. If i end up having to use baking soda more often. But i just hate to see that water go to waste.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
damn i want an earthsip!!! i want to know everytingu build it yourself? how im so in love with the earthsip idea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pisces
@pisces
14 years ago
7 posts
I built the whole thing myself. My 2100 square foot home cost me $9800 the land was $20,000 . I read the books i had friends help me 1 electrician and 1 plumber come in and give a hand. Local companies donated windows, tires, cans, dirt, wiring and pipe. I made my own adobe mixture with hay. It took me over a year to build it. Im building another one not to far away for a client. But then im going to british columbia to build next to the lake. Ill probably at that point sell this one or rent it out. Im not sure. Anyone whos in my area is welcome to stop by and pound tires and learn how to build an earthship! just message me here and ill let you know what the building dates are!+ soaringeagle said:
damn i want an earthsip!!! i want to know everytingu build it yourself? how im so in love with the earthsip idea
Aurora Borealis
@aurora-borealis
14 years ago
34 posts
I occasionally use a bar of Dr. Bronner's for my hair, but I mostly use a bar of Knotty Boy Dread Shampoo. I know I know it's Knotty Boy! I'd never use the wax but the shampoo works great. I think it also helps to not wash it that often, it slows down the process. I wash mine about ever four or five days and so far it's been great. Washing them too much is sort of like brushing it I think, it tends to work your forming dreads apart.
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
personally i like it. i use the lavender stuff. im a noob to dreads and havent tried anything else. i diluted it. it lasts awhile and lathers good if one doesnt have much wax in the locks. as far as removing build up im not sure. but i have found i still have ALOT of oil on my scalp. before dread my head and hair got dirty but not to oily. im hoping to cure that in a few minutes with a baking soda avc rince hope this info helps
Junebug Johnson
@junebug-johnson
14 years ago
22 posts
I have a bottle of the Lavender Castille soap. I put it in an old body wash bottle and diluted it about 12-1 (1 being the soap). I have been using it for about 3 weeks and it always makes my new "baby" dreads feel super clean. I have soft water.
BossLadyJenee
@bossladyjenee
14 years ago
3 posts
yes yes yes! i want to learn how to do this! i dont know where your located now, but i live in south west florida... i would love to get this started down here! please let me know, because this is tooo awesome. Pisces said:
I built the whole thing myself. My 2100 square foot home cost me $9800 the land was $20,000 . I read the books i had friends help me 1 electrician and 1 plumber come in and give a hand. Local companies donated windows, tires, cans, dirt, wiring and pipe. I made my own adobe mixture with hay. It took me over a year to build it. Im building another one not to far away for a client. But then im going to british columbia to build next to the lake. Ill probably at that point sell this one or rent it out. Im not sure. Anyone whos in my area is welcome to stop by and pound tires and learn how to build an earthship! just message me here and ill let you know what the building dates are!
+

soaringeagle said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form