Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

This pain in the @#$% lock is about to drive me crazy- help!?

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

On a cowlick. Nope. I rooted around and moved stuff and she's not on a twisty cowlick area. My head is very symmetrical with how it's locking up and all those cowlick areas have already locked up tight. They were the first to do so.

Here's the weird thing, she's only tangled in the middle, not the top or the bottom. That's what really is strange about it. All my locks have started near the middle and then crept up and down with the tangles. That's pretty standard for me. She's normal in how she's moving along.

So no tight roots, Baba. And seriously, after dealing with this cranky bitch I don't understand exactly HOW people can stand interlocking!!!!??? The pain would make me go batshit crazy. I'd shave my head after a day of this all-over-agony.

I just untangled her almost completely a little while ago. Give her a time-out in the You're-Not-Ready-To-Dread little girl corner. We'll see how she does. Thanks for the help, guys. Maybe she'll do better next time 'round.

I don't know what the hell is up with this section. It's fine. Everything around it is nearly mature. She just acts like she doesn't want to be there at all but doesn't want to be with anyone else, either.

Emo hair. lol

updated by @angel-frye: 07/23/15 04:13:11PM
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
Lol, she doesn't want to be like everyone else! I hope that solves it for you. I was going to suggest combing it out too. Maybe this time it will dread better. I know how painful misbehaving dreadies can be!
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Now I woke up this morning and she's a big fluffy tangled mess again. Doesn't wanna be like anyone else, shit. She wants me to .... never mind. I'm not even going to say it. That's Dread Cruelty. I'd go to dread-karmic hell.

*scream*

ok. A wool cover? maybe? but they're too big. It'd fall off. This is a micro lock.

I wrapped her lattice style with embroidery thread all by herself just to give me some amount of relief. That's all I can think to do.

Thanks for letting me vent, ladies and gents. Dreading up hair is a fickle thing, fraught with insanity at times. I've handled everything pretty well up 'til this point-- ten months' worth. But scalp pain?? hell no. I went neglect for a reason. I know this is an oddball occurrence, this kind of irritation. So any newbies reading this, don't get the idea that this is what you have to look forward to because statistically, you don't. I just have a really sensitive scalp.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form