Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 week old dreads-hopefully the start of an amazing journey!

John Hooper
@john-hooper
11 years ago
21 posts

Yeah I've read SE say in another thread that you have to do the bs first and then the acv..i guess its a good thing that the damage the soda does isn't so serious that its irrepairable (i know i spelled that completely wrong lol).

and i have to say i also love the way my hair feels after using baking soda, it feels like pure clean haha :D

updated by @john-hooper: 07/18/15 09:34:04PM
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Yup, damage does even out after the first year of locking is done and you switch shampoos. Also, the good thing to know about this is that as your hair grows through the years you can also gradually trim off the old hair sections so that what you have left is only bar shampoo washed hair. That takes years of course but it'll get there. That's my personal goal now.

John Hooper
@john-hooper
11 years ago
21 posts

Yeah I can't wait for my hair to get longer, at least to my shoulders, but i guess i should forget about that, since i've been told to expect a lot of shrinking for the first 6 months-1 year :(

i thought about biotin, but i'm afraid it'll cause general hair growth all over my body and i don't want to get too hairy hahaha

Heather Ranae
@heather-ranae
11 years ago
2 posts

I did mine using the TnR method (2X). They will loosen up considerately, no way around that.I have many (MANY) that came almost all the way out - except close to the roots. I just let them go. The will tighten back up on their own. I don't palm roll or anything. I used the sea salt spray the firstmonth or sobut didn't feel like it was doing anything so I stopped that. I wash mine when my dreads tell me they are dirty (itching, limp, ect..) The first time I washed them was 4 days after I did them. U should keep them clean.. and YES totally use bs and acv. there is no scrubbing so its ok for infant locks, just let the bs soda soak for a bit. It feels amazing when your done. Love-embrace the fizziness but not the oiliness. Let nature do its thing..congrats on the beginning of your wonderful journey.peace and love to you always.

John Hooper
@john-hooper
11 years ago
21 posts

Yup mine have loosened up as well, but i'm okay with it i'm letting them follow their own pace, and i truly feel they're doing a great job so far. i only palm roll when i need to go out looking neat (for some special event etc.), otherwise i'm not doing anything except for washing and ripping :D

I've already used the bs wash once, and it really did felt great. I left the bs on my head for 15 minutes, and it worked pretty much perfect, so I'm sticking to that timing :p

thanks a lot, it hasn't even been a complete 2 weeks yet and i'm already loving it..i just cant imagine how much more i'll love it the more time goes on :) peace and love back to you!! :D

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form