Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 week old dreads-hopefully the start of an amazing journey!

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

I live in England and its hard to find here aswell its not in any of the supermarkets but I did find some in a health store thing so if you have something like that nearby then worth a look if not then you can always order some online

updated by @hannah-moore: 07/17/15 11:11:23PM
John Hooper
@john-hooper
11 years ago
21 posts

I'll do just that after about a month or so..but i'll be using the bs wash until then. used it for the first time today and i gotta say it really does a great job :D

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

I started out using wine vinegar and then switched to ACV because that's what everyone else was doing. I didn't notice any real difference, honestly, and I used CHEAP wine vinegar and then the expensive stuff simply because I had to make a recipe with it. No difference that I could discern between that and ACV.

John Hooper
@john-hooper
11 years ago
21 posts

thanks, i guess i'll give it a try, theres nothing to lose :) my hair still feels good even without it though :) (i did the bs wash yesterday.)

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

yeh to begin with I just used bs because I didnt have acv but other people have said to me like.. after using just bs for a while it fries their hair and theyve had to repair the damage caused by it. Using just bs until you can get holdof acv will be ok though thats what I did anyway =]

John Hooper
@john-hooper
11 years ago
21 posts

oh i didnt know it fries the hair..i guess that explains the sizzling sound i was hearing for the first 5 minutes i had it sitting on my head :p

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

It dries it out which makes it snag and snarl with nearby hairs. Which is what is necessary to have it lock up without taking years to do it.

It is very true that baking soda treatments change the hair follicles. I had to brush out my first set after eight months(bummer!!!!) and noticed the damage right away. Deep conditioning only did a small amount to help it. Then I recommitted to having locks again after I got my head out of my ass and haven't looked back.

Once the hair is firmly locked you don't worry about damage to individual hairs. The locks make it strong as rope.

Ask Soaring Eagle. He tells stories all the time about how he's nearly skidded his wheelchair to a stop when his locks get caught on something. lol

Locks are very strong.

Just, John, whatever you do, do NOT mix ACV with BS. That's like a Chem. 101 NO-NO!!

We've had to set a few noobs straight about that from time to time. It's a major hair killer.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

PS. Once you get past the first few months of major locking up and can start using the good bar shampoo then you'll see some of that damage heal, too. The hair gets more flexible with the bit of moisturizing the bar soap gives. It's nice.

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

I use the baking soda and apple cider rinse as well. I can tell you this, even if my dreads dont last or I choose to cut them out later, I will always use the baking soda. I LOVE the way my hair feels after. Especially when I use rosemary or tea tree oil. Its great!

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Isn't it awesome???? It's a nice clean feeling that you just dont' get with storebought shampoo.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form