Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

why are my dreads flat & how do i fix it?

Boobie
@boobie
14 years ago
37 posts
when i first got my dreads they were well rounded and very tight... i knew that they would loosen up a bit because i took a shower. but that they would tighten up on their own if i just let them be. i recently noticed that they were getting really flat though. its mainly the ones on the side of my head... and i sleep on my side a lot. so im guessing that this is the cause of me sleeping on them. but i was wondering if they would ever round out again or is there something i can do to fix it?P.S. i sleep with a tam on... i dont know if that has anything to do with it? i was told to sleep with one on, so i do...thanx for your time
updated by @boobie: 02/14/15 05:28:17AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
well makes sense your locks are gonna look weird so early, Mine look much different now then the first few months when I started,your locks are probably gonna be changing shape alot at first, *really subtle but you notice the changes*take a picture of the flat ones? usually they aren't like ridiculously flat, but you could try putting a bead/peyote stich you like to kinda help promote a rounder shape,It'll work out tho,
Boobie
@boobie
14 years ago
37 posts
its like all the ones on the sides of my head... thats a lot of beads but i'll try it. thanx : ) Iain said:
well makes sense your locks are gonna look weird so early, Mine look much different now then the first few months when I started,

your locks are probably gonna be changing shape alot at first, *really subtle but you notice the changes*

take a picture of the flat ones? usually they aren't like ridiculously flat, but you could try putting a bead/peyote stich you like to kinda help promote a rounder shape,

It'll work out tho,
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
lolyeah, don't fret too much about how they are now, just wondering about how thick are yours now? they seem pretty thick,at the very least you could try a few and see if theres a noticeable difference,other than that, I have a few on the sides that rounded out for no real apparent reason, but usually sides form differently since we all sleep on certain sides more than others.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
stop wearrin te tam to bed..when u move the dreads should move.. a flat dreads gonna get flattened on asll sides if it moves,, whats a dread look like v tats been compressed flat on all sides? round

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Boobie
@boobie
14 years ago
37 posts
ok thanx for the advice : ) soaringeagle said:
stop wearrin te tam to bed..when u move the dreads should move.. a flat dreads gonna get flattened on asll sides if it moves,, whats a dread look like v tats been compressed flat on all sides? round
Boobie
@boobie
14 years ago
37 posts
my dreads are kinda thick. i did one inch sections and some are smaller and there's like one or 2 that were a little bigger than that ... but i have really really thick hair so they look really thick Iain said:
lol yeah, don't fret too much about how they are now, just wondering about how thick are yours now? they seem pretty thick,
at the very least you could try a few and see if theres a noticeable difference,

other than that, I have a few on the sides that rounded out for no real apparent reason, but usually sides form differently since we all sleep on certain sides more than others.
robert2
@robert2
13 years ago
2 posts
I just got them a couple days ago to and they getting flat and theyre gettting loose from the tip... Are does bad signes ??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
flat n loose no but u used wax thats a bad bad sign u should start over

robert said:
I just got them a couple days ago to and they getting flat and theyre gettting loose from the tip... Are does bad signes ??

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michael Klein
@michael-klein
13 years ago
16 posts
I sleep on my back at night and the ones on the back of my head will get flat but my hair is naturally straight (like straighter than straightened hair lol) and Friday will make mine a month old!!! But I do see and feel some starting to round out :D it just takes time I think. I don't own a tam or beads :(( or anything wool at that :(( I just let them go
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form