Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock ROOTS question

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Learn to love them! I think of it as a lesson in (dready) acceptance. Love them for what they are and leave them be! In time they will do their own thing and some might straighten out, some might lay flat, and some may twisty their way up to the other side of your head! It's an adventure, just flow with it!
updated by @faelwynn: 07/13/15 11:49:49AM
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Now now SE, experience or no let's not attack anyone. His dreads are his, just as yours are yours. Sometimes, as heartbreaking as it is, people have to make mistakes to learn for themselves. All you can do is offer gentle advice and let them make the final call. soaringeagle said:
palm rolings a dumb idea adding aloe is too, its dreading, let it dread.. aloe conditions slowing the process, palm rolling does nothing at all, hat weakensunless you palm roll to the extent of obsessiveness and that weakens dreads..

just leave em..theyre fine..

you want dreads right? that right there is how dreads dread..why try to change it? or stop it? or think of it as something to fix...

see thats why rastavannies dreads look fake.. everytime they began to dread..really dread..he had to intrervene..oh no a loop fix it..oh no a knot..fix it.. oh no roots that dread on theyre own..fix it..absolutely no actual dreading involved, instead..manufacturing..rub roll twist crochet interlkock (eek) make make make..force forfce force..never even stopping a momment to simply allow dreads to be dreads...

when you want advice on dreadingdont turn to someone who hasnt taken 1 momment to simply allow dreads to be dreads

if u palm rollled it now, in 15 mninutes it will lpook the same as it does now..youd have to keep at it..over and over and over to do anything at all..and what would u accomplish?
destroying the4 natural beauty of te dread..remove every hint of individuality and personality..dammage it too ofcourse..butyour ultimate end would be perfect uniformity control conformity ..a clone..a dread without any hope of ever being noticed in the crowd..

you know many people name theyre dreads? why..because each is unique..an individual..worthy of a name..not just a number

rastavany..can you even tell one of yours apart from another?
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
im gonna have to agree with faelwynn on this one as it is the point of this site to be friendly others and be accepting in the way that they chose to make there dreads. Everyone is different and thats why everyones dreads will be different. Faelwynn said:
Now now SE, experience or no let's not attack anyone. His dreads are his, just as yours are yours. Sometimes, as heartbreaking as it is, people have to make mistakes to learn for themselves. All you can do is offer gentle advice and let them make the final call.

soaringeagle said:
palm rolings a dumb idea adding aloe is too, its dreading, let it dread.. aloe conditions slowing the process, palm rolling does nothing at all, hat weakensunless you palm roll to the extent of obsessiveness and that weakens dreads..

you want dreads right? that right there is how dreads dread..why try to change it? or stop it? or think of it as something to fix...

see thats why rastavannies dreads look fake.. everytime they began to dread..really dread..he had to intrervene..oh no a loop fix it..oh no a knot..fix it.. oh no roots that dread on theyre own..fix it..absolutely no actual dreading involved, instead..manufacturing..rub roll twist crochet interlkock (eek) make make make..force forfce force..never even stopping a momment to simply allow dreads to be dreads...

when you want advice on dreadingdont turn to someone who hasnt taken 1 momment to simply allow dreads to be dreads

if u palm rollled it now, in 15 mninutes it will lpook the same as it does now..youd have to keep at it..over and over and over to do anything at all..and what would u accomplish?
destroying the4 natural beauty of te dread..remove every hint of individuality and personality..dammage it too ofcourse..butyour ultimate end would be perfect uniformity control conformity ..a clone..a dread without any hope of ever being noticed in the crowd..

you know many people name theyre dreads? why..because each is unique..an individual..worthy of a name..not just a number

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it just gets exhausting having to constantly correct bad advice..look here..every one of us said leave em alone the except him..its a trend..im just trying hard to get him to realize he should try learning before teaching...constantly giving bad advice is annoying as hell, and creates extra work to have to go on correcting it all the time..might as well rename the site dreadheadhq2 if we're gonna provide bad advice and lies..we/i have an ethical standard of truth to live up to, the advicoe here is the best online dont want that messed up by 1 guy who always goes against what everyone else says labmofgod said:
im gonna have to agree with faelwynn on this one as it is the point of this site to be friendly others and be accepting in the way that they chose to make there dreads. Everyone is different and thats why everyones dreads will be different.

Faelwynn said:
Now now SE, experience or no let's not attack anyone. His dreads are his, just as yours are yours. Sometimes, as heartbreaking as it is, people have to make mistakes to learn for themselves. All you can do is offer gentle advice and let them make the final call.

soaringeagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
i understand that you only want to teach people but by pointing a finger and saying hey your wrong isnt gonna teach him nothing all its gonna do is make him more persistant in his ways of dreading at least thats what i think would happen. I just dont like hostility of any form its just stupid. Its just ive noticed that people have been making deliberate attacks on people that have fallen for the "you need to use wax if you dont have ethnic hair lie" its a mistake that i almost made when i tried to do mine and im glad that i didnt because that would mean that i would have been making my hair into candles.Im just trying to keep the peace around here and make sure that nobody thinks that they are being picked out of the crowd to be bashed on. So what he thinks that you have to take maticulous care of them by rolling and crocheting them. Maybe hes the kind of person that needs to have everything in his live neat and orderly maybe not thats just a guess. soaringeagle said:
it just gets exhausting having to constantly correct bad advice..look here..every one of us said leave em alone the except him..its a trend..im just trying hard to get him to realize he should try learning before teaching...constantly giving bad advice is annoying as hell, and creates extra work to have to go on correcting it all the time..

might as well rename the site dreadheadhq2 if we're gonna provide bad advice and lies..
we/i have an ethical standard of truth to live up to, the advicoe here is the best online dont want that messed up by 1 guy who always goes against what everyone else says

labmofgod said:
im gonna have to agree with faelwynn on this one as it is the point of this site to be friendly others and be accepting in the way that they chose to make there dreads. Everyone is different and thats why everyones dreads will be different.

Faelwynn said:

soaringeagle said:

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Love, people will be people. Someone will always think that you're wrong and they are right. The entire point of this site is to put out the good information, teach those that want to know, and accept people for who they are. That's the heart of dreading right? Accepting what's under the skin(and or hair)?There will always be people that think wax is the way to go, or (like the fat bald guy in that youtube video) think that those of us with dreads will always stink, because we don't wash our hair. To fight this is like a minnow fighting the current of a mighty stream... you'll only end up frustrated, exhausted and worn to the bone. You can't convince everyone that what you say is true. However, if you keep putting out the good word; those who are meant to listen will. I promise. Those who see it as a status symbol or a fad will fade with time, as will the bad advice. Keep fighting the good fight... as much as it seems like it might be in vain, it's not. Hell, you kept me from waxing anything ^.~Point is, we've got a good thing going. Stay gentle, stay calm and keep your head. If he is going to try and fight the current then in the long run he'll wear himself out. If he takes our gentle advice to heart, we might teach him (and others) a thing or to. soaringeagle said:
it just gets exhausting having to constantly correct bad advice..look here..every one of us said leave em alone the except him..its a trend..im just trying hard to get him to realize he should try learning before teaching...constantly giving bad advice is annoying as hell, and creates extra work to have to go on correcting it all the time..
might as well rename the site dreadheadhq2 if we're gonna provide bad advice and lies.. we/i have an ethical standard of truth to live up to, the advicoe here is the best online dont want that messed up by 1 guy who always goes against what everyone else says labmofgod said:

Faelwynn said:

soaringeagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i'll try to be more gentle in te futurerasstavanny..will u try to listen more thhen talk for awhile? please?

--
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
Thanks, and i agree fully that rastavanny should take construtive criticism better but we all need to get along if we are to take each other seriously. I personally dont take any info to heart of a person that is wicked or mean spirited. I am also not saying anyone here is mean spirited but you must see things that you say through the eyes of those that you say them to.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i tried ard giving advice..and was told i dont know what im talking abouti think e watced 1 youtube vid so thinks tat makes him an expert labmofgod said:
Thanks, and i agree fully that rastavanny should take construtive criticism better but we all need to get along if we are to take each other seriously. I personally dont take any info to heart of a person that is wicked or mean spirited. I am also not saying anyone here is mean spirited but you must see things that you say through the eyes of those that you say them to.

--
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
well we all know that you have quite a bit more experience with dreadlocks then most of us... i mean if you can get them to grow down to your feet then you must know a thing or 2. I mean i have seen a couple of videos on youtube.. and most of them say use wax i only found a couple that didnt and those said to make sure to crochet. Personally ive tried to take everyones ideas into what will oneday be a set of dreadlocks on my head and you have given me some very good info from what i have come to learn. and in time so will rastavanny. He will learn that you were only trying to help him keep them and not loose them in a few years. soaringeagle said:
i tried ard giving advice..and was told i dont know what im talking about
i think e watced 1 youtube vid so thinks tat makes him an expert

labmofgod said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form